Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2022 Pathfinder Platinum on Sept 23. Beginning Sept.29 I noticed the heater did not work- blew only cold air. Went to the dealer 3 times for this issue. They could not replicate it, I didn't know how to run the heater- ah, excuse me I owned a 2013 Pathfinder for 8 years and have a masters degree, I think I know how a heater work or better to say how it SHOULD work.

Here in the Northeast it is cold. Tuesday the heater completely died . They say the blower motor is gone but the tech continued " I have to tell you the Nissan techs are not sure that will fix the issues" Vehicle is at the dealership. At least two weeks to get parts and they have to run further diagnostics.

Since the ECM repro recall my gas mileage has sucked. I gassed up and drove 22 miles to the dealership. The following day they had my pick it up because they don't have a loaner to give me. 57 driving miles all highway and it used more than a quart of a tank of gas.

Nissan Consumer Affairs is god awful

Just had the third row headrest fixed last week and now there is another third row headrest recall.

I fought with the service dept all day to get me a loaner. I am making a car payment on a three row SUV and am driving an Altima and will be for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,145 Posts
You mention it does or did blow cold air. I'm not sure how the blower motor could be shot if it is indeed blowing..

I hear you though. With the cost of these things, you expect them to do better. IMO, 1-800 Nissan (or whatever the actual number is) is useless. You have to be cool as a cucumber with a dealer service manager, or some form of dealer management.

Honestly, with winter coming up, I'd gladly use their loaner and keep your nice new pathfinder out of the saltiness for the most part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mention it does or did blow cold air. I'm not sure how the blower motor could be shot if it is indeed blowing..

I hear you though. With the cost of these things, you expect them to do better. IMO, 1-800 Nissan (or whatever the actual number is) is useless. You have to be cool as a cucumber with a dealer service manager, or some form of dealer management.

Honestly, with winter coming up, I'd gladly use their loaner and keep your nice new pathfinder out of the saltiness for the most part.
It was blowing until Tuesday of last week then it completely died.

Meanwhile I am making payments on a 3 row SUV to be driving a 2 year old base model small sedan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts