Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pouring rain today, and i just noticed a water Leak in the headliner, looking at the stain, i guess this wasn't the first time, going to call the dealer tomorrow. I also had the trim pieces replaced a while ago, and willing to bet this played a part.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
It looks like the corner of the windshield may be leaking. If that's the case, they'll probably just pull the windshield and but a new gasket on it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It looks like the corner of the windshield may be leaking. If that's the case, they'll probably just pull the windshield and but a new gasket on it.
Yeh once you said that i went and had a better look at the roof rails and how they connected, wasn't happy with either off them, one sits under the windscreen rubber (the side leaking - left) and the other sits on top, but is pushing it away from where it should be, see photo (right side) i am sure this will start leaking soon in not to distant future.

Both these were replaced under warranty as the rubber mould was coming out, so guessing dealer did a crap job with the new ones. Also new ones were missing the rubber mould that the old ones had.

Dealer was trying to tell me it was possibly the drain tube to the sunroof being blocked, told him in the 4 years i have had the car i have probably opened the sunroof 4 times for a total of 5 min each time, so very unlikely it is a blockage due to dirt and more likely the roof rails they installed.

Also, few weeks back i had the car shudder again, got them to hook up the computer to see if any codes and sure enough had P17F1 code. Mechanic said since its already had the valve body done, its probably burnt chain and will need new CVT, but they still have to do the same procedure with photos to nissan etc, this car is a POS, 53000Km, alomst like every time i bring it in for an oil change they have to do something on the CVT.

if anyone cares anymore, here is a good site that tells you what a POS the patherfinder is, at least in Australia, it was good as it linked to the TSBs for the CVT.

http://australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=recalls&make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder&gen=1100

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,580 Posts
IIRC the service bulletin for the lose rubber strip stated that the replacement parts did not come with the strips, they were replaced with some sort of tape.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had it at the dealer last week, looks like it will need another CVT. As for the water leak, i was told it was the drain tube from the sunroof, and that it gets blocked down where it drains in the tire well, mechanic said it is a common problem on the pathfinders as the drain hole is very small and the fix is to drill it to make it bigger. Haven't had a good down pour since, so i can't confirm that was the issue or not just yet, as i never open the sunroof, but was told all sunroofs let water in in some way or other.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have a leak in the exact same area...

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2002 BMW 325XI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts