Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a bit disappointed when I saw that the new pathfinder didn't come with projectors or xenons. Anyone ever try to retrofit a projector into a headlight before? any advice?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man, i didn't like that either I'm pretty sure it will be done for future versions, however, as soon as the aftermarket part comes out... I am on it!!!!, so guys please let our community know as soon as aftermarket parts come out

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would be happy with just a projector and regular halogen bulb, at least then we could buy our own HID kit and install that.

These days almost any non-entry level vehicle should come with projectors

·
Registered
10 Posts
I plan to do a projector retrofit once it gets warm again. I found projector hid kits going for around $300-$450. It comes with everything except the housing.

My original plan was to retrofit projectors into a backup set of housings. Unfortunately Nissan dealerships quoted $250 a piece and i dont really want to spend that much for a backup.

Once I get around to, it I'll take pictures of each step. If anyone happens to do this before me I welcome them to take step by step pictures as well.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I plan to do a projector retrofit once it gets warm again. I found projector hid kits going for around $300-$450. It comes with everything except the housing.

My original plan was to retrofit projectors into a backup set of housings. Unfortunately Nissan dealerships quoted $250 a piece and i dont really want to spend that much for a backup.

Once I get around to, it I'll take pictures of each step. If anyone happens to do this before me I welcome them to take step by step pictures as well.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you do.

Where did you find those HID kits?

I know "theretrofitsource" is one good place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's exactly where I found them. I've been searching online almost always, everyone points back to this site.

From what people show on other forums and videos of installs, it seems like this is the best option.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
That's exactly where I found them. I've been searching online almost always, everyone points back to this site.

From what people show on other forums and videos of installs, it seems like this is the best option.
I figured, keep us posted on what you'll be doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone

newbie here, so what is the part # for the factory headlights? Do the forum have a sponsor online Nissan dealership that is willing to sell parts at discount price ? I do plan on getting them retrofit just like my previous 2 cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Please keep us posted, I would love to do the upgrade. I have not seen a dealer in the forums, but there are a couple on eBay that discount mats, and other accessories for the 2013 Pathfinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will do, it will be nice if the forum administrator invite couple of Nissan dealers to sell parts online at a substantial discount price. We have setup on clublexus and it helped me big time on ordering regular maintenance items such as oil filters, cabin filters, air filters etc but also on the big repair items too are all on sale

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can try looking online by googling nissan oem parts and contacting the online dealers. It is a good idea to invite nissan dealers to be part of the forum. Maybe you should invite them!

Good luck with the retrofit.

Do you know who you are going to go with to do the retrofit?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any updates? Has anyone attempted to retrofit the headlight?

Sweet projector cutoff anyone?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to theretrofit.com website. So now what? Do they make something that fits perfectly? I don't understand!!!! i can't stand halogen!!!! help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
so most likely he'll need a headlight core. So i would probably be out of headlights for couple of days? maybe i should just wait for someone on ebay to sell the whole headlight assembly.

I bet if they do come out with it it'll have projectors instead and also the LED daytime running lights like the new sentra. I BET! they'll probably sell them for $299 pair. I Hope!

·
Registered
12 Posts
so most likely he'll need a headlight core. So i would probably be out of headlights for couple of days? maybe i should just wait for someone on ebay to sell the whole headlight assembly.

I bet if they do come out with it it'll have projectors instead and also the LED daytime running lights like the new sentra. I BET! they'll probably sell them for $299 pair. I Hope!
THIS IS probably the biggest downfall about the new PF.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am in the process of leasing a new Lexus RX 350 for my wife. Her 2010 model is going back and I just learned that Lexus is only offering the Xenon hid's in there Nav models. As most technology items are being offered as standard equipment now, these lights are going the other way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to theretrofit.com website. So now what? Do they make something that fits perfectly? I don't understand!!!! i can't stand halogen!!!! help!
Picked up an HID Kit from Ebay for $43 55Watt. Only had to adjust headlights down a bit witch is very easy. Looks very nice, white and a ton of light;.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts