Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make a change. Have had my 2013 for less than 2 weeks now.

Sylvania H11 SU SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulb installed. Moderate difference noticed.

Looking forward to HID bulb change. Local dealer states $350 for bulb change.

Any body have any new deals for tips for real easy DIY.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think he is talking about a proper hid conversion, complete with a projector retrofit.

To the OP, how did you find a dealer that was willing to do that for you? I thought even dealer installed hids are not street legal (only factory installed ones are).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any non-factory installed HID headlights are illegal and are a safety hazard. Please don't do it.

Factory HID/projector systems include a leveling feature that makes sure headlights stay aimed low regardless of suspension position (there is a sensor in the suspension and a servo in the headlight). Since those lights are extremely bright and focused they can easily blind oncoming drivers if not aimed properly.

In addition, putting HID lamps into stock reflectors is a terrible idea because stock reflectors work on the assumption of a known bulb filament location and focus that light appropriately. HID lamps don't have filaments and therefore will never have the same pattern as regular bulbs in the same reflector.

If you really want HID, please buy a car that comes with them from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts