Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I got into my car today and the driver memory seat that usually place itself when I start the car does not work anymore. I try pressing the 1 and 2 buttons and nothing, the light doesn't even come on after pressing the buttons. Same thing if I try setting them. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have not had any issues with the buttons. They are programmed with the key so one key could be preset 1 and the other preset 2. However this should not prevent manually selecting a preset. Are you in park when hitting the buttons? I don't think they operate out of park.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am in park when I try pressing the buttons. There is no response what so ever, not even a light next to the button.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It sounds like somehow the system was reset and you need to reprogram the positions. I would start in the manual on 3-37 to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will chime in here and say I am experiencing the same issue and in addition I am also experiencing the mirror buttons on the same panel not working.

The manual will not help in this case since the buttons are not responding. As a result there is no way to rest because the system is out completely.

I also describe my problems in a separate thread here which includes the mirror issue:

http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum...emory-controls-suddenly-dead-not-working.html

·
Registered
215 Posts
Stop trying to be magiver and take your new car in that is still under warranty and get it checked out. Some really trivial things discussed on this forum that are covered by your warranty, so use it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stop trying to be magiver and take your new car in that is still under warranty and get it checked out. Some really trivial things discussed on this forum that are covered by your warranty, so use it!
LLOL it happens all the time, people with brand new cars under warranty come here asking what to do. This would be my last resort to getting an issue with my brand new car dealt with.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi everyone, I got into my car today and the driver memory seat that usually place itself when I start the car does not work anymore. I try pressing the 1 and 2 buttons and nothing, the light doesn't even come on after pressing the buttons. Same thing if I try setting them. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
Yes, I had same problem. You blew a control module and it impacts other systems as well. I posted on this before on the general discussion forum. Let me find link as I detailed the repair on there. Basically there are tiny computes throughout the car other than the main computer called control modules and you blew the one that controls this function as well as several others. This also effected my mirrors.

Take it to dealer and mention the control module.

My repair receipt says "found BCM is not sending the ignition on signal to the ADP control unit. Performed active test and found that all circuits were working normally. Mirrors and ADP will not work with switches but control units were receiving signals. I got a known good vehicle and started swapping parts. Swapped ADP control unit, seat control unit, CAN gateway, and the BCM. Only after replacing BCM did the mirrors and ADP start working. Installed new BCM and reprogrammed keys."

Ps - when he programmed my key, he used the wrong key profile. Loaded it with a key fob profile that doesn't have a trunk button so I couldn't open my trunk. Test keys and all buttons after pickup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I had same problem. You blew a control module and it impacts other systems as well. I posted on this before on the general discussion forum. Let me find link as I detailed the repair on there. Basically there are tiny computes throughout the car other than the main computer called control modules and you blew the one that controls this function as well as several others. This also effected my mirrors.

Take it to dealer and mention the control module.

My repair receipt says "found BCM is not sending the ignition on signal to the ADP control unit. Performed active test and found that all circuits were working normally. Mirrors and ADP will not work with switches but control units were receiving signals. I got a known good vehicle and started swapping parts. Swapped ADP control unit, seat control unit, CAN gateway, and the BCM. Only after replacing BCM did the mirrors and ADP start working. Installed new BCM and reprogrammed keys."

Ps - when he programmed my key, he used the wrong key profile. Loaded it with a key fob profile that doesn't have a trunk button so I couldn't open my trunk. Test keys and all buttons after pickup.
My car is still in service for this and the mirrors. It's been 3 days that they've been trying to diagnose the problem. Last night service informed me they would be checking the control units on Monday after having gone as far as involving engineering and tracing individual wires. It is encouraging from what you write above that perhaps there's a light at the end of the tunnel and we will finally have our car back early next week if that proves to be the issue for us.

It concerns me though that these control units can suddenly go dead like that for no reason. Any idea what other control units take care of? I hope it's not airbags, brakes, or the like...

·
Registered
234 Posts
My car is still in service for this and the mirrors. It's been 3 days that they've been trying to diagnose the problem. Last night service informed me they would be checking the control units on Monday after having gone as far as involving engineering and tracing individual wires. It is encouraging from what you write above that perhaps there's a light at the end of the tunnel and we will finally have our car back early next week if that proves to be the issue for us.

It concerns me though that these control units can suddenly go dead like that for no reason. Any idea what other control units take care of? I hope it's not airbags, brakes, or the like...
Show them what I wrote - I copied that right from the tech notes on my repair ticket. It took my guys 4 days to figure it out - drove them nuts. It drove the guys at Nissan crazy as well, the guys the dealer techs call, because they hadn't encountered the problem yet. So, help your guy out and share the tech notes above.

And yes, I am very concerned that this control unit blew on a 3 week old car.

FYI - mine "blew" when I had remote started the car and when I entered, I hit the gear shift release button which cuts the ignition because my foot wasn't on the brake. When I went to restart, I immediately realized my seat wasn't adjusting, mirrors weren't working, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Show them what I wrote - I copied that right from the tech notes on my repair ticket. It took my guys 4 days to figure it out - drove them nuts. It drove the guys at Nissan crazy as well, the guys the dealer techs call, because they hadn't encountered the problem yet. So, help your guy out and share the tech notes above.

And yes, I am very concerned that this control unit blew on a 3 week old car.

FYI - mine "blew" when I had remote started the car and when I entered, I hit the gear shift release button which cuts the ignition because my foot wasn't on the brake. When I went to restart, I immediately realized my seat wasn't adjusting, mirrors weren't working, etc.

Have the car back finally after a week. Thanks for posting the notes. I sent them to the tech, but in the end turns out it's a different root cause.

I put all the info in my thread, the mirrors and seat positioning were resulting from the same problem.

Details here:
http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum...emory-controls-suddenly-dead-not-working.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts