Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've talked about the current vehicle situation and how it's effected supply/demand, but have you checked your trade-in values lately?

It sure is the time to unload if you don't need your Pathfinder or you have your eye on something else that's available for what you want to pay.

My current KBB "good condition" trade-in currently shows a thousand dollars less than I paid for my used 2019, 20 months and ~24K miles ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Used prices are up on everything. I know I've priced used paths a few times in the recent months like mine that I bought a year ago and they are 3-4k higher priced now for the same model and more miles. Covid pricing...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Right now used vehicles are in higher demand than new vehicles. Dealers are actually calling customers who have several months left on there leased vehicles to come in and trade in for another new one, because they are making good numbers on the used vehicle they are receiving.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's just an all-around terrible time to buy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought my Pathfinder so I’m one of the suckers I guess. Lol. But with kid number 3 on the way I didn’t have much choice. To your point of used car prices, I have a Mustang GT and the current value on it is approaching what I paid for it 8 years ago. It’s kinda insane and that bubble is gonna pop eventually.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought my Pathfinder so I’m one of the suckers I guess. Lol. But with kid number 3 on the way I didn’t have much choice. To your point of used car prices, I have a Mustang GT and the current value on it is approaching what I paid for it 8 years ago. It’s kinda insane and that bubble is gonna pop eventually.
Oh for sure we'll get out of this at point.

The PF is an ideal kid car if you don't want a minivan. Our 2019 pathfinder was my wife's first non-minivan vehicle since 2003. We're getting to the point our kids are getting older (4) and it's basically never 6 of us in one vehicle anymore, but it's doable in the PF.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Used car prices are up 25%. A good bit of that is that dealer new car inventory is down dramatically due to the semi-conductor shortage. A TV news report showed acres of unfinished Ford F150s in Louisville because they don’t have the electronics parts to finish them. Dealers are depending on used cars to keep them afloat. They are also competing for obtaining used cars with the online dealers such as Vroom and Shift, which drives up the price.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took my FIL to the Nissan dealer yesterday. They bought out his 2019 Nissan Rogue lease 8 months early with worn tires at no additional cost to him. Of course he leased a new 2021 Rogue at the same time. The dealer had only one Rogue for him to test drive! The lot was so jammed with used vehicle you couldn't find a parking spot. Only a few new vehicles in stock due to the current situation. They have to locate the new one for him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Used car prices are insane right now. My wife’s 17 Platinum books for $30k right now where as we only gave $28k for it last fall. And my 2015 Ram Cummins is booking for $54k I’m tempted to sell that big ******* back to a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,661 Posts
Used car prices are insane right now. My wife’s 17 Platinum books for $30k right now where as we only gave $28k for it last fall. And my 2015 Ram Cummins is booking for $54k I’m tempted to sell that big *** back to a dealer.
And like with real estate right now, what will you buy to replace it (if indeed you can find something)? It's a good time to be a seller, but not so much a buyer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts