Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add this to my wife's pathfinder but have not seen a single video or even comment from anyone that has it on any forum or website. Every question asked on any site to Naviks is met with a "please email us" and never an answer. This seems shady to me. Hoping someone can shed light on this company and their legitimacy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been eyeing this up as well, but have been hesitant for the same reasons you describe. I emailed them yesterday, so I will see what they say. Did you try emailing them, and did they respond?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed the Naviks on my 2017 SV w/out nav. My only gripe and I didn't research it enough is that the touchscreen doesn't work with it, you have to use the directional buttons. Other than that it works pretty good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering about the touchscreen. I saw a video with them using the knob but never mentioned if you could or could not use the touchscreen. That's a big let down to go from a system with a touchscreen to not being able to use that touchscreen

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe the one from Australia(naviiplus) retains the touchscreen but the installation is more difficult.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I actually have their website open in my browser on my phone. Keep meaning to give them a closer look

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been eyeing this up as well, but have been hesitant for the same reasons you describe. I emailed them yesterday, so I will see what they say. Did you try emailing them, and did they respond?
I did email them and asked if they could please provide me with installation instructions. Their response was:

"Hi,

Installation requires slight disassembly of the dash followed by a plug and play connection at the radio.Installation manual is included with the kit in print out form.

Best regards,

NAViKS"

So they want you to buy to get any instructions first. Everything within my experience tells me to stay far away from this company

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I did youtube but was more interested in how they respond. If they cannot provide pre purchase support, then I'm finding it hard to hand over any money to them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I did youtube but was more interested in how they respond. If they cannot provide pre purchase support, then I'm finding it hard to hand over any money to them
I agree, handing over this much money with little to no help from them prior is a gamble. Their lack of response is definitely not confidence building. At least they sent you a response, they haven't replied to my email yet. Could be due to the holiday weekend, though, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed the Naviks on my 2017 SV w/out nav. My only gripe and I didn't research it enough is that the touchscreen doesn't work with it, you have to use the directional buttons. Other than that it works pretty good.
It seems odd that a touchscreen wouldn't work anymore. I could see a non-touch display requiring some sort of control knob or use of directional buttons, but considering that the Apple CarPlay system is obviously touch-based, the touchscreen should work fine. What did their tech support tell you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is another plug-in CarPlay system called NavTool. I contacted their tech support, and they said that a touchscreen should still work with their system. Frankly, I am surprised that even in 2020, after most of the Nissan lineup added CarPlay, the Pathfinder still doesn't come with CarPlay, but at least there are options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am afraid installing either of these is going to void the manufacturer warranty so perhaps not worth it in my humble opinion

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was wondering about the touchscreen. I saw a video with them using the knob but never mentioned if you could or could not use the touchscreen. That's a big let down to go from a system with a touchscreen to not being able to use that touchscreen
I contacted Naviks Tech Support tonight regarding touchscreen support, and here's their reply:

The Pathfinder must has GVIF screen 2013-2016 and 2017-2019 and earlier 2020 models we offer touchscreen solutions as well. Send vin # for 2013 -2016 Pathfinder to verify if touchscreen will work.

I don't know what to say about the user with a 2017 SV who said his didn't work. Did he contact Tech Support about that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I contacted Naviks, they said that their product is not advertised to support the touchscreen function on my 2017, maybe not having navigation has something to do with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the installation instructions for the Naviks, not really detailed but there's a couple of youtube videos that helped when disassembling the dash and center console.
Naviks is trying to kill me. They have been very responsive, but the install instructions just continue to trickle out. You are right that their “instruction manual” (which it looks like a 5th grader slapped together) stops abruptly after you hook up the back of the radio. Then you‘re supposed to ask Gandalf what to do with the **** cluster of wires and cables and boxes spilling out all over.

I pulled out my center paneling and gear stick, to route the crap under there, but I’m stuck again. Questions: (1) Do you have the YouTube links of what to do once I’ve gained access to that area? (2) I assume I’m supposed to plug this USB cable and the RCA wires into my center console? The only way I can think of it to do it is to remove the auxiliary power socket from my center console and keep it as an open hole for threading the cable and wires through. Hellllppppp 🤯

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is the video I used to take apart the center stack.
I put the module(the one that connects the screen) on top of the radio and routed the wire that hooks up to the other module(with the wifi antenna) behind the power socket then through the gear box where the module(with the wifi antenna) will be located. I didn't have to remove the aux power socket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts