Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , I just bought 3 months ago a Nissan Pathfinder R51 , i took it to a mechanic he found out that the turbo is broken we took it to get fixed and it was running very well with no problems BUT last two weeks it started having problems with big coolant loss sometimes white smoke from the exhaust and then it disappears. No check engine lights , no overheating !! I did checked if its the head gasket and all tests are negative so I don’t know what is the problem and I am not sure if my mechanic would know how to fix it , and I feel like I will just be on and off from his garage forever !! If someone had the same problem I would live to know what it is ! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Possibly the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) cooler. I had problems with mine and found that it is a common issue. The coolant leaks internally in the EGR cooler pipe, which connects to the exhaust. Mine had a crack near where it meets the exhaust manifold and water was coming out of that. Lots of info on the web if you want to fix it yourself, but it is fiddly. Some people remove it all together (delete kits available online), but I understand this is possibly not legal due to emissions' regulations - depends on where you live.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your answer , just an update : so I deleted the EGR cooler to test if i will still lose coolant . And yes It still happening . So I just left the car at my mechanic, the last option is checking the head gasket , I think it might be cracked or something. Lets see what he will find .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts