Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PF has about 1,600 miles. Recently, I've noticed a slight, very quiet grinding sound when I am braking. I can hear it only when I apply very mid-level brake pressure, on a very smooth surface, when there are no external noises like other traffic, and when my speed is slow, under 10 MPH. For instance, it is mostly apparent on new blacktop late at night when no one is around. It could be some "gurgling" sound I've heard other people talk about, but it sounds more like a slight grinding. It isn't constant, just every so often as the rotor is turning toward a stop.

Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I have a legitimate beef for warranty or this is acceptable brake noise.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is definitely not normal. Sounds like you probably have something stuck between your brake pad and rotor. You should bring it in to your dealer before it causes more damage to the rotor, if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sometimes rocks manage to make their way in between the pad and rotor, better to get it checked out soon before it ends up costing you more, if it's a rock then it can leave a deep mark in the rotor. Just take it into the dealership and let them know there's a weird grinding sound coming from the brakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had same problem. So, I brought it to dealer and they said they could not generate the problem. But, very luckly, I got it generated while i was there. So, they just fixed in 10 min.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same problem. So, I brought it to dealer and they said they could not generate the problem. But, very luckly, I got it generated while i was there. So, they just fixed in 10 min.
Did you ever find out what the issue was?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My PF has about 1,600 miles. Recently, I've noticed a slight, very quiet grinding sound when I am braking. I can hear it only when I apply very mid-level brake pressure, on a very smooth surface, when there are no external noises like other traffic, and when my speed is slow, under 10 MPH. For instance, it is mostly apparent on new blacktop late at night when no one is around. It could be some "gurgling" sound I've heard other people talk about, but it sounds more like a slight grinding. It isn't constant, just every so often as the rotor is turning toward a stop.

Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I have a legitimate beef for warranty or this is acceptable brake noise.
It could be DEW while vehicle sits during the night, ours is a 2012 it's does it in the morning briefly then NO more till next morning right after it's sit during a HUMID night or rain then it quits after you drive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts