Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Pathfinder is new and it's hard finding aftermarket accessories as of yet but has anyone seen grill guards/inserts anywhere in the internet?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
grill guard? sorry what is that?
This is a grill guard, similar to the bull bars that were asked about in the other thread:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Just curious here, why would any of you need this? what real purpose will it serve for you?

I've seen many people who live in the city have these and there just isn't any real purpose for them, unless you think it looks cool and want it for just that reason.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just curious here, why would any of you need this? what real purpose will it serve for you?

I've seen many people who live in the city have these and there just isn't any real purpose for them, unless you think it looks cool and want it for just that reason.
I've always like the look of billet grills but I would also think they could help block a stray rock into the radiator.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone that lives in Canada and drives highway knows how many rocks you catch. These protect the fan and radiator from rock damage.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Aside from the apperence factor I can honestly say that they do serve a purpose from experience. For anyone who lives in the country/city it can be the difference in a costly repair to the radiator/lights/complete front end clip if your in an accident. Hit a deer in my '95 Blazer, completely distroyed my front end. Got it fix and added the brush guard. Driving at night n hit another deer that was stupid enough to run out, no damage to the grill or the truck (the deer was a different story.) Also will help if you happen to rear end someone. These serve a purpose as long as they are bolted to the frame only and not the cheap inexpensive ones that screw to the bumper (No Purpose other than looks.) I'm waiting for someone to make one myself so I can get it!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Anyone that lives in Canada and drives highway knows how many rocks you catch. These protect the fan and radiator from rock damage.
Really? I would imagine rocks would still pass right through. Unless in Canada huge rocks fly off the back of trucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts