Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just completed 1650 miles and toured Route 66 from Joplin, MO to Kingman, AZ and up 93 to Las Vegas. The PF did great with little issues. Right prior we had the shudder fixed and did not notice it at all during our trip. However the dealer also changed our oil and on day 2 I noticed some oil leaking. After a quick inspection I noticed the oil drain bolt to be loose so tightened it and continued on our way. That would have been bad if it came out while driving so luckily it all worked out!

The PF did great towing and our total weight was 8080 lbs including a 6 x 12 v-nose. We had no issue with the hills and was happy using the tow mode while descending the steep declines and never using the brakes. Either the trailer's drag or the tow mode kept the PF's speed constant during the descents. Our only issue was damaging the trailer's jack when exiting a drive on to the main road due to a large dip. It just sits too low and dug into the road bending the jack. I guess a replaceable fold up jack will work better in the future.

We averaged anywhere from 11 to 14.5 mpg even doing 65 during our short periods on the interstate. It seemed we achieved better MPG at a higher elevation and using 86 octane. Can anyone explain this or was it just a coincidence?

Anyways overall an awesome trip and great sightseeing along Route 66. The kids enjoyed most of it. If anyone has any questions about the route then let me know. I highly recommend it. I just wish we had even more time to enjoy it.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD
70 Posts
Sounds like it was a good trip! How much did your trailer weight approximately? What type of brakes did your trailer have? We are looking at a new camper that will put us at the upper weight capability of our 2013 PF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts