Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my pathfinder today and I'm excited abt it I have the SV I downgraded from the 2013 platinum I had I took the one with the full package and I love it 1st gear feels slow but one u start driving u definitely can feel the difference from the CVT.

20210717_083700.jpg

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,718 Posts
Congratulations! I think you're the first forum member to jump into the 2022 ring. With a 2013 and now this, you're really an early adapter, aren't you, lol!

We'll be expecting more of your driving impressions as you gain experience with it. Good luck!

Reactions: Azizwelles

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is great. I really look forward to your long term experiences and thoughts. I really like what I see in the 2022 though I have not had any real issues with my 2017 with 35K miles.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So Nissan is really going to screw over anyone who doesn't purchase a upper trim level and take away the fog lights from the SV :cautious:.

Anyway, congrats on the new vehicle, let us know what options you got so we can compare options and pricing with realistic numbers, not the ones on the website.

·
Administrator
4,718 Posts
I started a Prices Paid thread here to start capturing pricing information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Nissan is really going to screw over anyone who doesn't purchase a upper trim level and take away the fog lights from the SV :cautious:.

Anyway, congrats on the new vehicle, let us know what options you got so we can compare options and pricing with realistic numbers, not the ones on the website.
I was disappointed there's no fog light I will get an aftermarket on and have it install I selected the extra package. moonroof power liftgate extra transmission cooler tow hitch still come with a nice cloth seats

·
Administrator
4,718 Posts
I was disappointed there's no fog light I will get an aftermarket on and have it install I selected the extra package. moonroof power liftgate extra transmission cooler tow hitch still come with a nice cloth seats
An extra transmission cooler is an option?

·
Administrator
4,718 Posts
The transmission cooler has been built into the Pathfinder since 2013. It's nothing new. You said "extra", so I though maybe something had changed.

·
Administrator
4,718 Posts
I suspect the base model lacks the cooler as its tow rating is just 3500lbs rather than 6k as on all others.
Where did you see that? That would be a departure from the R52.

·
Administrator
4,718 Posts
Azizwelles, I'm not doubting what the dealer told you, but I'm doubting whether what he is saying is true. It certainly would be a departure from what Nissan has done in the past with this brand. Anyone have access to the 2022 marketing booklet? A lot of the specs are listed there.

EDIT: You are indeed right, Henfield! I went to the NissanUSA web site and speced out the "S". I was flabbergasted that they only list the towing capacity at 3500 lbs! The drivetrain components and the engine are exactly the same, so it just doesn't make sense that they would eliminate the cooler on the "S".

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,010 Posts
Yeah that is odd. I just poked around on the Nissan website and at a minimum, you have to have a 2wd SV model 2022 pathfinder to get the 6000lb "tow rating". The S model, 2wd or 4x4 only shows a 3500lb tow rating. I'd be curious to know what it takes to almost double the tow capacity. Seems odd to only be an auxiliary ATF cooler.

S models are a rarity anyway. They probably sell one S model for every 10 of the others.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
88 Posts
Congratulations in your new ride!

Looks good in pearl white, and you are right the design of the cloth interior does look good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts