Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all- not long ago, the washer fluid pump crapped out... not sure if it's a fuse or the motor.

I have looked in the manual, which says check the fuses. OK, after looking in all the fuse clusters, I see a headlight washer fuse (2 of them actually) but none for the windshield washer.

Thanks if you can help,
J-

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have looked in the manual, which says check the fuses. OK, after looking in all the fuse clusters, I see a headlight washer fuse (2 of them actually) but none for the windshield washer.

Thanks if you can help,
J-
Looking at service manual looks like it is the 10A fuse in location 1 for the Fusebox J/B see attached pics

Does your rear washer work ? if Yes then probably not the fuse, or motor (think they share the same motor for washer)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response! So fuse block J/B is the one in the cabin? Neither windshield nor rear window push out fluid...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mercina, thanks for your help... unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the correct fuse. It's marked as interior lights on the fuesblock map. Not sure why it's so difficult to find the correct fuse- unless I'm barking up the wrong tree b/c it's not a fuse issue and the pump motor is shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
windshield washer pump shot?

Fluid will not pump from windshield or rear... Can't hear any pump noise, so it may be dead. I have tried to find a fuse thinking one may have blown, but I am unable to find one labeled for the washer pump- (maybe there is no fuse for it?)

If I can find the pump, I guess I could check it for continuity?

Where is the dang thing?

Thanks for your help,
J.-

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
It should be covered under warranty. Why not just bring it to the dealer? :wub:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was just a fuse that I could replace quickly, I'd rather not have to make the appointment and waste a couple of hours bringing it there, waiting for them to look at it, etc... looks like that is what I'll have to do though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ok went and had another look on mine and your right position 1 is the interior lights.

Got the 2015 service manual and had a look at that, looks like the 2014 service manual was a little incorrect.

The location is now in the IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution module Engine room) this is a rectangular box under the hood/bonnet. On the Australian model it is located on the battery side.

Your looking for fuse 50 which is a 10Amp fuse. Just to double check I pulled mine to make sure. The IPDM E/R box is a bit clumpy. When you un-clip it the, fuses are on the bottom of it with wires hanging off, you will see what I mean. However it is labelled on there (washer motor) so makes it easier to see you are getting the right fuse.

So like I said, I pulled it out and yes wipers worked, washer didn't. Plugged back in and my washer was working.

Hope this help, sorry didn't get back to you sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Here is the section out of the service manual for the Wiper Washer, just incase it's not the fuse and you want to locate and test the pump. Shout out if you need some help.
:eek:k:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Thanks for posting that - I was looking only in the electrical (PP) section. Astonishingly complex; possibly too much, eh? A wiper washer system.... <sigh>

·
Registered
404 Posts
Who would have thought you needed 72 pages to describe how your wipers work !!!!! I'm amazed the car doesn't wash itself once a week.

To much electronics on cars these days, no wonder dealers can't fix most problems, you almost need a university degree with every new model.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mercina, thanks again for your time!! I just saw this now- no time today to look at it but I will try tomorrow.

It is ridiculous that the fuse isn't plainly marked- at least it isn't in the manual I have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got around to pulling that fuse- as mercina mentioned above, it is marked as the washer motor- but the fuse looked good... off to the stealership I go, as it probably is the pump motor. Thanks for the help, at least I know it wasn't the fuse!

·
Registered
404 Posts
From the guide, doesn't look like the pump motor is hard to get to either, if it's not under warranty then might be easier to replace yourself. (or at lease test it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 2013 Pathfinder. I checked the fuse, which was OK, and now I'm on to the pump. Does anyone know the part number I should be looking for? I called my local dealership parts department and the man said the pump came with the entire washer fluid assembly - tank and all. It was $107, which I think is awfully steep. Do you know if there is another pump out there that'll fit the Pathfinders? I only ask because I picked up my PF in September, 2012 so I'm a couple months out of warranty. :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I looked for the part number and apparently you're looking for part 28910-3JA0B which is the windshield washer fluid reservoir assembly (pump+tank). It is listed with an MSRP of $106.25 on nissanusa.com but a quick search on Amazon turned the same part number for $79.06 (http://amzn.com/B00KWFODGA).

You might want to try looking for it on e-bay an see if you can find a lower price... I doubt you'll be able to find the pump by itself without the entire assembly...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked for the part number and apparently you're looking for part 28910-3JA0B which is the windshield washer fluid reservoir assembly (pump+tank). It is listed with an MSRP of $106.25 on nissanusa.com but a quick search on Amazon turned the same part number for $79.06 (http://amzn.com/B00KWFODGA).

You might want to try looking for it on e-bay an see if you can find a lower price... I doubt you'll be able to find the pump by itself without the entire assembly...
Thanks! I appreciate the info and the quick response. Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts