Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have a noticeable noise when I lock and unlock my doors and I narrowed it down to the fuel door latch that opens and closes when I lock the Pathfinder.

Can you please do a quick check to verify if this is a normal noise or if I need to get to a dealer to have it checked out and repaired. The noise is noticeable enough that I can hear it from the front of the car at it's different than the door lock noise when it engages.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was not aware that the fuel door latch opened and closed when the pathfinder is locked. It does not have a lock on it and it can be opened with just a little push.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was not aware that the fuel door latch opened and closed when the pathfinder is locked. It does not have a lock on it and it can be opened with just a little push.
You cannot open the fuel door if the doors are locked. If you can on yours then you need to have fixed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying guys. My description above isn't very good. The lock inside the fuel door makes a noise when I lock my doors. There is a small hinge that pops out to lock the fuel door when you lock your other doors. It's that lock that makes a noticeable noise that's different than than the door locks and seems out of place, almost a whine noise.

You can test to see the lock pop in and out by opening the fuel door and locking and unlocking your car from your fob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have never noticed a noise when it engages. I thought it was a neat feature when I first got it, and played with locking/unlocking with the key fob standing in front of the fuel door. I could barely hear it then. I have never noticed it when at the driver door using the button on the door handle. Is it possible it is off center or the latch on the fuel door is bent a bit and not hitting the hole exactly?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So it is a motor whining noise? Would help if you tried to explain what kind of noise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You cannot open the fuel door if the doors are locked. If you can on yours then you need to have fixed.
oh, cant say I have ever tried it. I meant there was not visable lock. only time I ever open it is at the pump and of course I don't lock my door when pumping gas:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it is a motor whining noise? Would help if you tried to explain what kind of noise.
That's pretty much it. Sounds like the motor that drives the lock makes a whine and it's a completely different noise than the door locks. I have never had a fuel door lock on any other car make a noise so I'm thinking something is wrong with mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the assembly that spits the fuel door lock out replaced the other day and the whine noise when I lock/unlock the doors is gone. It seems it was a faulty part, 2 day special order to get a new one in. It took an hour for the dealer to replace it.

No other issues to report, no airbag light or judder on a Feb 2013 built Pathfinder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the assembly that spits the fuel door lock out replaced the other day and the whine noise when I lock/unlock the doors is gone. It seems it was a faulty part, 2 day special order to get a new one in. It took an hour for the dealer to replace it.

No other issues to report, no airbag light or judder on a Feb 2013 built Pathfinder.
I'm having the same prob on my '14 PF now. My dealer keeps greasing it - I'm going to demand they replace it while I'm still under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts