Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe nobody on here has mentioned the low seat height of the front driver and passenger seats. My wife is 5' and cannot safely see out without using a seat cushion. This means the seat warmer cannot be used. Have also seen others on Facebook complaining that they are 5'3" and also cannot see out properly. I am 5'7" and am at the lower limit of acceptable for seeing out. What was Nissan thinking? They didn't start making vehicles last week..... Another issue I have is when raining - any water in the doors is supposed to drain out the 4 drain holes at the bottom of the doors. Mine is coming out the drain holes but also coming out from behind the inside door panels and all 4 doors. No idea what is going on but not impressed. If you see water drops on the black plastic piece in the doorways then you have an issue. Once it gets to freezing point this will be a bigger issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't believe nobody on here has mentioned the low seat height of the front driver and passenger seats. My wife is 5' and cannot safely see out without using a seat cushion. This means the seat warmer cannot be used. Have also seen others on Facebook complaining that they are 5'3" and also cannot see out properly. I am 5'7" and am at the lower limit of acceptable for seeing out. What was Nissan thinking? They didn't start making vehicles last week..... Another issue I have is when raining - any water in the doors is supposed to drain out the 4 drain holes at the bottom of the doors. Mine is coming out the drain holes but also coming out from behind the inside door panels and all 4 doors. No idea what is going on but not impressed. If you see water drops on the black plastic piece in the doorways then you have an issue. Once it gets to freezing point this will be a bigger issue.
Mý leaks seem to be in the A pillars. Already taken to a dealership, they attemtped to replicate the issue but couldnt. A file has been opened with Nissan Canada. Theres another post in here about the leaks. Seems the drainline isnt positioned correctly, but they dont know for sure.
My driver's seat is fine, we're about the same height, but the passenger's is non adjustable and that was ridiculous.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife is 5' 6" and she is complaining a lot about the passenger seat height. This is really a bad design. Tried a couple of cushions from Amazon but they are not big or deep enough.
Yah and then once you are using a cushion to sit on there goes your seat warmer feature. Did Nissan just start building cars this year??? What is wrong with the engineering dept there..... :-(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think manufacturers just rushing to get the product out there, without good testing, i see more and more complains especially with first year model.
SUV market is still hot, car shortages, good time to make money, problems, some can be fixed later, some owners might not bother.
To me its a very good logic.

But as im looking for our Murano replacement, I don’t like what I see, new cars need too much adjustments and corrections in build quality, not many options with V6
Hard time for us :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think manufacturers just rushing to get the product out there, without good testing, i see more and more complains especially with first year model.
SUV market is still hot, car shortages, good time to make money, problems, some can be fixed later, some owners might not bother.
To me its a very good logic.

But as im looking for our Murano replacement, I don’t like what I see, new cars need too much adjustments and corrections in build quality, not many options with V6
Hard time for us :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Not sure I agree with it being a good logic.

Considering the 'rep' from the problems, even that you don't like what you see with corrections etc...proves the point it might leave a bad taste.

Just my thought.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The lack of proper seat adjustment is my biggest gripe with the Pathfinder. Coming over from GM brands, I miss being up high with 360 visibility. Now I feel like I'm sitting on the floor, even on the driver's side with the seat all the way up. My wife can't stand the passenger seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lack of proper seat adjustment is my biggest gripe with the Pathfinder. Coming over from GM brands, I miss being up high with 360 visibility. Now I feel like I'm sitting on the floor, even on the driver's side with the seat all the way up. My wife can't stand the passenger seat.
Agree with you 100 %......

·
Registered
2 Posts
My daughter is 5'-5" and has not had any issues with the height. With all the rain we have had I have not noticed any drainage issues. I have 2022 SL Pathfinder. So far I love everything about the vehicle other than its not the Platinum version. Have made several long trips 5 plus hours one way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased the 2022 Pathfinder and have the same issue with passenger seat. I am 5'0" and only test drove. We did not notice it either as we were focusing on ride and handling in snow. My husband is 5'10" and feels passenger seat is too low. I think there should be a recall for this issue at Nissan expense. Either an electric seat riser or spacers to raise the seat to a reasonable height.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased the 2022 Pathfinder and have the same issue with passenger seat. I am 5'0" and only test drove. We did not notice it either as we were focusing on ride and handling in snow. My husband is 5'10" and feels passenger seat is too low. I think there should be a recall for this issue at Nissan expense. Either an electric seat riser or spacers to raise the seat to a reasonable height.
I fully agree with you. They should recall to correct this issue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm 5'4" and don't have any problems seeing while driving - havee only sat on passenger side to clean windshield but that seemed pretty good for visibility, too.

my only problem with visibility while driving is the side view mirrors. both sides. for me they just completely block my view.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fully agree with you. They should recall to correct this issue.
I just went to Baker Nissan, where I bought the Pathfinder 22. They said that nothing can be done about it, and that even the Platinum came with that problem. I asked them if they can just change the seat and I will pay for it. They responded that it may compromise the safety bags….So, in summary you have to live with that seat problem until you sell the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is exactly what I proposed to Nissan, but they said that it cannot be done because the car was not designed for it. The worst is that if I fix it myself, at my own expense, I will lose the Warranty.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD, Obsidian Green
31 Posts
That is exactly what I proposed to Nissan, but they said that it cannot be done because the car was not designed for it. The worst is that if I fix it myself, at my own expense, I will lose the Warranty.
Yea, my dealer says there is nothing they can about the seat hight. My previous vehicle 2013 kia optima had an after market spacer that could be installed ro raise the seat...but I wouldn't modify on a warrantied car. Just sucks for the wife as I always drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts