Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I washed my PF yesterday and pulled into the garage after towel drying to get it out of the sun to prevent water spots. An hour or so later, as I was backing out, I noticed my wash bucket was still in the middle of the driveway. Figured this was a good opportunity to test the rear emergency braking. Well, it did not work. It did detect the bucket and the sonar sensors went off like crazy but it did not slam on the brakes as I got close to the bucket. Luckily, I hit the brakes with maybe 3inches to spare. I also noticed in normal forward driving, if I get up too close to the vehicle in front of me nothing happens. In my 2019 Traverse the forward collision warning would have gone off like crazy in a similar situation. Both forward and rear systems are enabled in my settings on the PF. So question is, how is your experience with these features on your PF? How can I tell if they are functioning normally? Is there an easy way to test? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had similar question posted on FB group. When I did the test drive, the salesman said the ABS gets activated only after the vehicle crosses certain threshold. How much did you pay for yours before taxes and where? Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had similar question posted on FB group. When I did the test drive, the salesman said the ABS gets activated only after the vehicle crosses certain threshold. How much did you pay for yours before taxes and where? Congrats on your new ride.
Thx! I paid MSRP + $1149 dealer fluff like paint and fabric protection and door guards and so on. Usually I would negotiate those things off but I had already got them off the $5k market adjustment they wanted over MSRP so they weren't budging further. And, at the time, it was the only dealer within 200 miles that had a platinum in the exterior and interior color combination I wanted so I caved lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts