Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Just picked up a pre-certified 2013 Pathfinder SV from a local Nissan dealership in Canada (Ottawa, Ontario). I know typically the SV models don't come with foglights and have caps installed, yet my model does have bulbs installed yet on the steering column headlight stick, there is no small band to rotate to turn the seemingly installed foglights on as would be expected according to the manual (and most other vehicles with foglights).

Is anyone aware of a scenario where foglight bulbs would be installed from factory or dealership, but no associated OEM switch on the steering column? I'm about to get in touch with the saleman but wanted to know if this is a possibly expected scenario before putting him on the spot.

Thanks,
stevewk

Edit: I see in the US there is an option to add foglights to the SV trim, but that option doesn't appear to exist in Canada. I'm assuming that in the US by adding the foglight accessory it would come with the additional steering column headlight stick to replace the factory one that doesn't have foglight controls?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe in Canada the SV gets the daytime running lights only, not the fog lights....it uses the same housing, but with foglights, you have an extra set of bulbs in there...

this is why you have no switch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe in Canada the SV gets the daytime running lights only, not the fog lights....it uses the same housing, but with foglights, you have an extra set of bulbs in there...

this is why you have no switch.
100% right. Thanks for taking the to answer a newb question. Lots of great info on these forums.

·
Registered
35 Posts
100% right. Thanks for taking the to answer a newb question. Lots of great info on these forums.
If you wish to have fog lights, you can buy them and install the switch in the steering column. Did it myself and quite easy to do. The Kit however is priced a little outrageous!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi steve
I have the same fog light frustration
They added them to my Sv but its really useless because I cant turn them on with the low beam
Have you asked nissan or changed the wiring to make them work like they should
thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi steve
I have the same fog light frustration
They added them to my Sv but its really useless because I cant turn them on with the low beam
Have you asked nissan or changed the wiring to make them work like they should
thx
From the responses here and confirming with the dealership, for Canadian SVs, the lights within the foglight housings are actually just daytime running lights that only come on when the low beams aren't turned on. So unfortunately there's no way to have the daytime running lights on with the low beams at the same time AFAIK. For US SVs, as there are no similar daytime running light requirements (for the most part?), they only get plastic housings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you wish to have fog lights, you can buy them and install the switch in the steering column. Did it myself and quite easy to do. The Kit however is priced a little outrageous!

If you don't mind. Where do they sell the fog light assembly with the turn signal stick together? I can't find it in USA. Thanks. I have 2013 pathfinder sv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts