Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that with the headlights in Auto mode and the fog lights switch to ON, they both would stay ON no matter if it's day or night? If I turn the fog lights off then the headlights would turn off with it during the day. It's a little annoying when I want my fog lights to go on and off with the auto headlights but I still have to turn my fog lights off during the day if I don't want all my lights on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes this is a popular quirk in this forum and they way Nissan designed the head and fog lights to work. Since we do not have any daytime running lights its a manual operation if you want lights to come on during daytime driving. it would be nice if Auto worked together with fog lights for those that want it to work that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I had fogs put on my sv and thought this was weird. Every car I ever owned you can leave fog switch on and when auto kicks on then they turn on. Not on the path oh we'll at least it's not just me thinking I got a faulty combination switch .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is there any way to rewire or reprogram it?
I would not touch anything when it comes to rewiring just like the workaround for getting video to play in front while moving. too much can go wrong, void you warrant, and result in expensive repairs. just my two cents

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 14 we bought yesterday, I have the fogs on and heads in Auto and they both come on and off with Auto headlights.

Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts