Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2019 pathfinder platinum last week, great suv.
Today while initially in the accessory mode reviewing the various functions I went to start the vechile I got and continue to get a message that “ no key detected “.
Tried multiple times only to get the same message ... car won’t start any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Doing a search in the box above for "key not detected" would have immediately given you the answer. Apparently they sold you a vehicle with a weak or dead fob battery. Pick up a 2032 button battery and it should correct the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
819 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a weak FOB battery. Not uncommon. Some of these batteries last years. Some last months. Stick with quality name brand replacement batteries.

·
Registered
2016 ST-L R52 4WD
4 Posts
I purchased a new 2019 pathfinder platinum last week, great suv.
Today while initially in the accessory mode reviewing the various functions I went to start the vechile I got and continue to get a message that “ no key detected “.
Tried multiple times only to get the same message ... car won’t start any suggestions?
I guess you did put your foot on the break pedal

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,533 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think a low or dead battery gives a "Low battery" message doesn't it? For some strange reason I've had to replace the battery in my wife's fob several times over the past couple years while my copy hasn't needed to be replaced. Makes we wonder if she's sitting on the fob sometimes. FYI, also, related to keyfob, but not directly to this. If your vehicle is started, and you leave the keyfob in the garage, you can drive all across the country as long as you never turn it off. Seems to me there should be a proximity shut down feature. Story is told of a guy who hopped in his girlfriend's Nissan as she walked into the house with the fob in her purse. He drove 4 hours to a gas station. Then had to wait another 4 hours for her to drive the keyfob to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts