Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intelligent key on 2014 not working properly. It starts the car, but buttons to lock and unlock not working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2014 tells me the fob ID doesn't match and I've changed the battery. I actually got locked out of my car

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
558 Posts
Does your other fob work?

I've heard of this happening to other Nissans, but can't find any follow-ups! Wish I could help.

Just yesterday I was pulling clothes out of our front load washer to find our 2019 PFs fob in my wife's wind breaker pocket!! Miraculously it still works. I popped it open to check for water inside and it was dry. The only moisture was in the metal key area. I always keep the spare fob stowed away. Really don't care for this system, but what one is failure proof these days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 2014 tells me the fob ID doesn't match and I've changed the battery. I actually got locked out of my car
If you're still having this issue, I'd suggest trying a different brand of battery. This has happened to me twice and I've come to realize the cheap 3 or 4 set batteries from the dollar store always give me this issue. Each time I've swapped it with something better like Energizer or Sony, fob works flawlessly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive had that on my 2016 sv model and only use duracell or energizer batteries in them now for all my fobs, what we need is a mirco usb rechargeable set up since it's not 1995 era

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had mine into the dealer today and brought it up for the third time. They opened up the FOB and seen my new Sunbeam battery, and they said "ya those and Dollar Store batteries will not work well". The service guy walk by at the same time and said that's for sure! ?

They said I should use "Lithium Energizer" batteries. They replaced it and we will see how that goes???

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're still having this issue, I'd suggest trying a different brand of battery. This has happened to me twice and I've come to realize the cheap 3 or 4 set batteries from the dollar store always give me this issue. Each time I've swapped it with something better like Energizer or Sony, fob works flawlessly.
It's interesting that you would mention that. I just took my pathfinder to the dealer for an oil change and that's exactly what they said. Of course they wanted me to buy a $20.00 battery. Maybe I'll try a different battery brand. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
73 Posts
LOL and my dealer installed the new "Lithium Energizer" for free and gave me 4 spares...... I have not had the vehicle back long enough to know if they are better. But it worked for me today....:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Saw this for the first time last Sunday when I went to start my 2013. Scared the crap out of me - thinking I was going to be stranded.

Supposedly, if the battery is dead, you can touch the fob to the starter button instead. But if the code sent is wrong....?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,285 Posts
Supposedly, if the battery is dead, you can touch the fob to the starter button instead. But if the code sent is wrong....?
Not sure why the code would be wrong unless you're trying to use the wrong fob. This video is for an Altima but the same applies for the Pathfinder:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure why the code would be wrong unless you're trying to use the wrong fob.
It should not be the wrong code. It's the same fob as always, but that is the error message displayed. Maybe when the battery is weak the signal gets garbled/misinterpreted? ?‍♀

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,285 Posts
Reactions: Quark

·
Registered
73 Posts
But I found it the strangest thing......It stiil had enough juice and was fine enough to unlock your doors and get you in your seat ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts