Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up any accessories you find or are looking for!

Personally would like to see floor liners and cargo liners as well as window visors.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Tomorrow, my orders for the OEM all-weather mats, hood deflector and cargo net are going to be picked up (they were all back-ordered).

I'm looking forward to WeatherTech offering their range of products - they don't currently. I did notice that they finally got a page up for the '13 Pathfinder, but they only offer the cargo mat at a steep $120 + shipping (ouch!). Wish Nissan would make a full cargo mat.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Tomorrow, my orders for the OEM all-weather mats, hood deflector and cargo net are going to be picked up (they were all back-ordered).

I'm looking forward to WeatherTech offering their range of products - they don't currently. I did notice that they finally got a page up for the '13 Pathfinder, but they only offer the cargo mat at a steep $120 + shipping (ouch!). Wish Nissan would make a full cargo mat.
I checked their site for the digitalfit mats and unfortunately they aren't available :(

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Well, fortunately, the Nissan all weather mats are pretty darn nice. They fit beautifully - and to my surprise, even came with a mat for the third row. They are heavy-duty and have deep channels.

I also got the cargo net, which seems to work pretty well.

Finally, I got the hood deflector - the install looks like it's a little more complex than I was expecting. It involves enlarging some holes under the hood, and then sticking on some clips (don't really like that design). Not sure if I'm going to install it just yet... still noodling on it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WeatherTech probably isn't going to release the mats for the Pathfinder until the middle of this year. They are pretty slow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the all-weather mats and they fit very nice. Also got the roof rack crossbar kit to mount a Thule cargo box. That looks sharp too.

I'd like to get some side step / nerf bars to make it easier for my 4 year old to climb in and out of the Pathfinder by himself. Waiting to see what products become available.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Side steps and a roof rack would be a nice addition.

What do you think of the OEM roof rack kit vs an aftermarket one like a yakima?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The OEM roof crossbar kit matches the roof rails so it makes for a clean integrated look. It only cost $10 more than the suggested Thule racks.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Didn't really opt for my cross bars. It just came with them, but they do show on the window sticker as optional equipment.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Just got done installing the hood deflector. It looks great head on, but from the side, it's kind of clunky looking - looks like it's "tacked on", with a thick rubber gasket between the hood lip and the deflector. I wish it wrapped around like some of the good aftermarket ones do.

Not so sure I'm going to keep it TBH.... of course, since I had to expand a few of the weatherstripping mounting holes out to 8mm, and since I had to stick on some "wing clips" with 3M red tape (tough as nails), I'm not sure how easy it will be to remove.

I wish Nissan would have taken its cues from Subaru - theirs are nice and very low profile.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got done installing the hood deflector. It looks great head on, but from the side, it's kind of clunky looking - looks like it's "tacked on", with a thick rubber gasket between the hood lip and the deflector. I wish it wrapped around like some of the good aftermarket ones do.

Not so sure I'm going to keep it TBH.... of course, since I had to expand a few of the weatherstripping mounting holes out to 8mm, and since I had to stick on some "wing clips" with 3M red tape (tough as nails), I'm not sure how easy it will be to remove.

I wish Nissan would have taken its cues from Subaru - theirs are nice and very low profile.
sucks to hear but thanks for the review. I think I'll pass on the hood deflector.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Jury's still out on the hood deflector. At most angles it looks good, but some I don't care for it. If it ever stops raining, I'll post some pics. Tried to do so in the garage, but lighting and narrow angles don't do it justice.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. Looking forward to seeing it as I was going to get it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just got ours Saturday. Wife traded her Outlook in on it. One thing we had in the Outlook was a full size cargo mat that fit the back end perfectly when the third row was down.

Does anyone make this for the Pathfinder?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Just got ours Saturday. Wife traded her Outlook in on it. One thing we had in the Outlook was a full size cargo mat that fit the back end perfectly when the third row was down.

Does anyone make this for the Pathfinder?
Yes, there are several. If you look a Autoanything.com, they have one from Lloyd's Mats - though previous experiences with their rubber mats has not been good (they smell bad).

Also, Weathertech / MacNeil Automotive has a cargo liner, though it's pricey at $120 + $20 shipping.

Nissan has a replacement for the cargo compartment door that acts in a similar manner, though it only covers the area behind the third row.

That said, I'm thinking the best option at the moment is the WeatherTech liner... I just find the price more than a little hard to swallow. I may wait it out to see if any other third parties come out with one.

I should have kept the one I had for my Pilot. It was a little off, but it would have been better than nothing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know if I trust the description on the WeatherTech site. What does "behind 2nd row" mean? Does it mean "behind the 2nd row and all the way back"?

The Saturn mat really was sweet. Fit the entire back in perfectly. Also, it could be "tri-folded" and left behind the third row all the time. You can't do that with the WeatherTech.

I was actually allowed to put "stuff" in the back because of that mat...

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I don't know if I trust the description on the WeatherTech site. What does "behind 2nd row" mean? Does it mean "behind the 2nd row and all the way back"?
That's how I interpreted it. "Behind 2nd row", as in behind the second row seat backs to the edge of the cargo area.

The Saturn mat really was sweet. Fit the entire back in perfectly. Also, it could be "tri-folded" and left behind the third row all the time. You can't do that with the WeatherTech.
The Honda one didn't fold up per se, but you could roll it up because it wasn't terribly rigid. TBH, I wish I hadn't sold it - I put it in the PF at one point and was shocked to find that it laid mostly flat. The Pilot seemed a lot bigger all the way around compared to the PF. Guess it wasn't.

I know what you mean. I may actually get a good carpet remnant and just cut it to fit for the time being until someone comes out with a good, economical choice. $120 (+$18 shipping ground!) is just a bitter pill to swallow for what is essentially a plastic mat.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I'm actually hoping the cargo mat is the folding kind that leans behind the 2nd row when not in use and lays down flat when the seats are down.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts