Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this going to be your first pathfinder?

This is my second pathfinder and my brother owns a 98 nissan pathfinder that still runs perfectly fine today.

I am currently driving a 2001 4WD Pathfinder. It's been through thick and thin with me and has tons of battle scars all over it. Time to upgrade!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's going to be my first Pathfinder. I owned nissan sedan's in the past, a sentra, altima and now a maxima. But i'm looking for something new and much bigger, so 2013 Pathfinder it is!

I'm guessing you go off-roading with your pathfinder?

·
Registered
47 Posts
This will be my 2nd pathfinder. I have had Nissans since 2001. I got a loaded 2001 pathfinder when I graduated from college. It was great but when the murano came out I had to get one. I am currently on my third murano. It's a 2009 sl loaded. It's been a great vehicle but I'm looking for something a bit larger. With 2 kids the room will be a welcome addition.

I just talked to my dealer yesterday and they said my pathfinder is currently on a train to Ohio. Once it gets to Ohio it will be trucked to Pittsburgh. I ordered a Brilliant Silver Platinum with Platinum Premium and all other options like mud guards, cross bars, kick plates etc. It will be here by the end of this month. I can't wait. I do kind of like some of the darker colors better but I can't stand scratches etc or swirl marks. So I think the silver will be a good color for me. I plan to black out all the windows.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This will be my 2nd pathfinder. I have had Nissans since 2001. I got a loaded 2001 pathfinder when I graduated from college. It was great but when the murano came out I had to get one. I am currently on my third murano. It's a 2009 sl loaded. It's been a great vehicle but I'm looking for something a bit larger. With 2 kids the room will be a welcome addition.

I just talked to my dealer yesterday and they said my pathfinder is currently on a train to Ohio. Once it gets to Ohio it will be trucked to Pittsburgh. I ordered a Brilliant Silver Platinum with Platinum Premium and all other options like mud guards, cross bars, kick plates etc. It will be here by the end of this month. I can't wait. I do kind of like some of the darker colors better but I can't stand scratches etc or swirl marks. So I think the silver will be a good color for me. I plan to black out all the windows.
Awesome to have a loyal Nissan owner on the forum, but why did you go through 3 Murano's?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just kept on upgrading to get more bells and whistles. Really a huge waste of money but nothing I can do about it now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i used to own a 96 pathfinder, it was a TANK! took it everywhere i went even on some crazy trails where i go fishing. might get another one seeing how cheap they are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
this will be my first pathfinder.

in the past i had vans, sienna's, town & countrys...now im looking for something more sporty so the new pathfinder is it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My first ride was a 1990 Pathfinder, Pops gave it to me while I was a junior in High School in 2001... good times. lasted about 3 more years under my command, 295000 miles later it passed :( .... since then I've had hodas, toyotas, mazdas, etc... Just bought a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD black on black

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My first ride was a 1990 Pathfinder, Pops gave it to me while I was a junior in High School in 2001... good times. lasted about 3 more years under my command, 295000 miles later it passed :( .... since then I've had hodas, toyotas, mazdas, etc... Just bought a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD black on black
how do you like it compared to your first pathfinder

·
Registered
56 Posts
well... other than liking it better because its brand new... it feels like you're driving on a cloud, my first pathfinder felt heavy and sluggish

·
Registered
57 Posts
waiting for our first

This will be our first pathfinder when it arrives in late December. Waiting for a white SL with charcoal interior. We really like the tan interior but are afraid of how it would look with kids over time. If Nissan had done black carpeting with the tan seats, we would have gone that route. Strange that they offer it on the Infiniti but not the Nissan. As a side note, does anyone know why it takes almost 2 months to get the car from Tennessee to Minnesota?

·
Registered
56 Posts
@ nissanguy..... i test drove a few... 4runner, highlander, durango, acadia (im not too fond of american cars but i wanted to compare),a pilot and a cx-9

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
@ nissanguy..... i test drove a few... 4runner, highlander, durango, acadia (im not too fond of american cars but i wanted to compare),a pilot and a cx-9
how did you like the durango and acadia? i haven't been a fan of american car build quality and stay away from them

·
Registered
56 Posts
the acadia drove nicely, lots of torque and hp but it felt heavy, and somehow all GM cars have that cheap looking chevy interior, very plastic. the durango was ok i guess, but it was too noisy on the highway it felt like it would fall apart if i drove any faster

·
Registered
82 Posts
the acadia drove nicely, lots of torque and hp but it felt heavy, and somehow all GM cars have that cheap looking chevy interior, very plastic. the durango was ok i guess, but it was too noisy on the highway it felt like it would fall apart if i drove any faster
thats one thing I hate with GM vehicles, their interiors. Cadillac is the only GM brand that gives you a decent interior, but even then it could be better.

I believe the Germans and Japanese mastered interiors....and the British.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We test drove the Pilot, Highlander, and Mazda CX-9. We also looked at an Explorer but did not drive. In the end, it came down to the Pathfinder and CX-9. I'm curious to see the new CX-9 in person. I still really like that vehicle and think we would have been happy with it as well. Still waiting for our Pathfinder to arrive.

Brief comments about each:

Pilot:
+ Lots of space
- Felt slow
- Needs a 6-speed (modern) transmission
- Cheap looking and feeling interior

Highlander:
+ Best engine of the bunch
+ Interior was nice on the limited trim
- Needs a six-speed or better transmission
- 3rd row space and cargo behind 3rd row is lacking
- Gets expensive in the Limited trim (which is needed for the nice looking interior)

Mazda CX-9:
+ Nice power and transmission = fun to drive
+ Good space and easy access to 3rd row
+ High-quality interior materials
- Tall center console and limited foot/leg room for driver
- No roof rails from factory (don't like the idea of having dealership installing)
- Projected poor fuel economy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a CX-9 (for 5 days) prior to my new Pathfinder and it felt good, real fun to drive, plus they offer a lot of good standard options that if the new pathfinder had them it would be more marketable... things like projector headlights, and streaming bluetooth, and automanual transmission... things that cars now a days have that seem to make a difference... I still love my pathfinder dont get me wrong but they slacked a little in that aspect

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a CX-9 (for 5 days) prior to my new Pathfinder and it felt good, real fun to drive, plus they offer a lot of good standard options that if the new pathfinder had them it would be more marketable... things like projector headlights, and streaming bluetooth, and automanual transmission... things that cars now a days have that seem to make a difference... I still love my pathfinder dont get me wrong but they slacked a little in that aspect
Nissan failed big time by not including projectors. It's little things like projectors that adds up to a lot and makes someone want a car more.

This could be Nissans way to save idea's for future year model Pathfinders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts