Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife saw this new Jeep Cherokee and liked the way it looked with the little black Fender/wheel arch strips. I'd like to do that to ours

2017 Pathfinder SL
Heartland Prowler 25 LX

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually, i did saw a 2017 PF parked with fender flares almost like that on the jeep you posted and the ones on the Rogues (probably 2-3 inches) but i wasnt able to take a photo of it since i was in a hurry, It looks good IMO, thats why im also interested in this mod

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
Pathfinder's wheels already look tucked-in, someone once described the PF's as Rhino looking and I tend to agree.
IMO, unless you replace your rims with ones with zero or negative offset, the fender flares will just make it look worse.

My Winter tire set has "less positive" offset than the OEM and IMO the vehicle looks much nicer.

·
Registered
2020 Pathfinder SV
6 Posts
Anyone with the Rock Creek trim that can tell me how the rear door fender trim is attached? The front and rear main trim seems straight forward. Just can't see how rear trim is attached to the door.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just received the front Rock Creek flairs today and its alot more involved than I thought... I originally thought it was bolted front and rear using the existing wheel liner screws and two sided tape around the opening...

its actually fastened with the wheel liner screws (which is easy) but the whole middle part you have to drill 8 small holes into the actual fender and snap the flair onto it..

much more involved.. crap

·
Registered
2020 Pathfinder SV
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was a little concerned that holes might to be needed, I just thought they would in the wheel well like the mud flaps. So you're saying for just the front trim pieces (2) you will need to drill 4 holes each in the fender, a total of eight? So there are posts on the rear of the trim, any way to cut the post and use tape like bodyside trim is attached? Could you take a photo of the backside of one of the pieces and post it. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
8 holes per fender.. so 16 total for both sides... plus the front bumper cover needs to have 3 slim slotted 1 inch slits for it to lock into the cover... like Jman said I am most likely going to just use the existing wheel liner screws and run 3M double sided tape all along the edge to secure it..

I did more research and the rears are the same way (different part numbers for the entire rear quarter panel and rear bumper cover).. not sure about the pieces on the rear doors..

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
Looking ant pic 1 and 3 I see tabs which I believe is where you are thinking of drilling. I doubt those would just pop into metal, there should be a plastic female insert designed for them. I wonder if those would be #7 shown here...
You will also need to cut those off if you decide to go the tape route.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah I would have to flush cut all those off as well as the 3 slim tabs that would go into the bumper cover and run some 3M tape along the leading edge to get it to fit good and strong.. (hopefully LOL)

·
Registered
12 Posts
If anybody needs part #93829-1A40A(left rear), I have one for sale, brand new. I bought it to see if it's doable before ordering the rest of the parts but decided not to go through with it.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
If anybody needs part #93829-1A40A(left rear), I have one for sale, brand new. I bought it to see if it's doable before ordering the rest of the parts but decided not to go through with it.
Please post in Classified section with pics.

Reactions: Aglaia

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm eager to see how this project is going to come out, and see how the double sided tape holds up these bulky pieces. If it were me, I'd slip in a few dots of exterior silicone in key spots to make sure they don't fall off on the highway with wind pressure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm eager to see how this project is going to come out, and see how the double sided tape holds up these bulky pieces. If it were me, I'd slip in a few dots of exterior silicone in key spots to make sure they don't fall off on the highway with wind pressure.
the front flares will also be held on with the current wheel liner screws on the front and back so they shouldnt come off... its the middle arch thats the question... 3M tape should work... we shall see... I wont get around to doing it yet until I get the rear pieces..

also you would need the OEM plastic mud guards, as the flares are molded to go around them

·
Registered
306 Posts
Whenever you do get around to installing it, make sure you upload some pics. Im sure alot of members are going to follow in your steps since there arent alot of mods for our generation PF and this one is really interesting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone with the Rock Creek trim that can tell me how the rear door fender trim is attached? The front and rear main trim seems straight forward. Just can't see how rear trim is attached to the door. View attachment 15686

Hello and Greetings from New Zealand, May I ask for some more pictures of your pathfinder? I just got mine in the same color and thinking of blacking it out as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts