Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

favorite accesory for your Pathfinder

15K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  Mantis 
#1 ·
What is the one purchase you have made for your Pathfinder that you cannot live without?

#9 ·
LOVE the factory rubber floor mats. Tinted both front windows ( not sure if you count as an accessary ). Agree with others the shark fin antenna looks awesome... just wished their website would work so I could order one..

Next thing on the list is the stainless bumper protector, and possibly an upgrade to the headlights and fog lights.

#14 ·
They are designed to give your vehicle a wider appearance.

#13 ·
I had a sunroof added before I picked up my 2013 Pathfinder Platinum.
Installer did a great job...looks factory installed.
Every vehicle I've owned since 1985 has had a sunroof...either added post factory or originally equipped. Almost like having a convertible. ;)

#21 ·

wheel spacers.

you bolt them onto your existing bolts and they offer a new set for you to bolt your rims onto. just makes your wheels stick out more.
If you plan to run these type of adapter/spacers make sure you get a good quality and it should be hub centric. I run a set of Spider Trax on my Toyota truck I've had them on for the past 5 years and no problem.

#28 ·
I've added (or plan to add) the following to our SV:
Auto-dimming Homelink mirror
Fog lights
Audio system
Remote start (future)

The Homelink mirror is probably the one I would say I can't live without. When you consider it only costs a little over $200, can be installed quickly by yourself, and adds a compass, Homelink, and auto-dimming... I can't think of a better bang for your buck if you have an S/SV trim.

Fog lights are pretty cheap and light in front of the car, which makes driving at night or in rain/snow/fog easier on the eyes. Plus it looks much better than than the plastic inserts.

The audio system upgrade was a lot more expensive, but REALLY worthwhile since the factory system is one of the worst I've ever heard. I added 3rd row speakers and wired the factory amp to just run the dash tweeters and the 3rd row, with the larger door speakers powered by an amp under the 3rd row seat. I also added an 8" sub in the same location.

Could live without remote start, but don't want to. And now that we need to replace a lost fob, the purchase/programming cost for the OEM remote start is basically the same as just buying and programming a new fob.

BUT... if there is ever a good aftermarket power liftgate, that would probably be my new #1 "can't live without" accessory.

#36 · (Edited)
I've added (or plan to add) the following to our SV:
Auto-dimming Homelink mirror
Fog lights
Audio system
Remote start (future)

The Homelink mirror is probably the one I would say I can't live without. When you consider it only costs a little over $200, can be installed quickly by yourself, and adds a compass, Homelink, and auto-dimming... I can't think of a better bang for your buck if you have an S/SV trim.
Does anyone here know how to fit a Homelink mirror? Is there any wiring required, or are they battery powered?

#31 ·
Love my PF

I got the 2014 Platinum Premium, which includes virtually everything, but still wanted running boards which weren't available so I added third party ones myself. They look sharp and match the black and chrome to a T, plus make it easier for old and young people to get in.

Out of what came with my PF, my favorite by far is the awesome sound system. I've upgraded previous cars to the best sound packages and nothing has come close to this one. Great bass, clear highs.

Attachments

#39 ·
I have 3 things that is required for my Pathfinders to have.
1) Tow hitch , I Mountain bike and on some rare occasions I'll pull a trailer.
2) Roof Rack , I had an issue with the Pathfinder not coming with Crossbars. I told the dealer is was mental to have a Roof rack and no crossbars. They put them on the deal. They are required as I use the roof rack.
3) Fog lights , we get a lot of bad weather up here in the north so having fog lights makes a huge difference. When I learned the SV level didn't come standard with Fog lights again I had a problem with that as my 2005 SE had them standard , 2008 SE standard , when I went mental and went Murano for a turn , my SV had standard Fog lights. The SV 2014 Pathfinder does not , so I had them put them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.