Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members ... I have a 2013 pathfinder and my liftgate stopped working. Any possible leads as to what is the cause of the malfunction?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything but have you checked the switch up front where your left knee is? Maybe you bumped it by accident to the off position. I only throw that out there because it happened to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello fellow members ... I have a 2013 pathfinder and my liftgate stopped working. Any possible leads as to what is the cause of the malfunction?

Similar happened me. Liftgage started opening then straight away closing up on us hitting us in the head.

Then it stopped working altogether. I went to the dealer with a different more serious issue and this one was a "BTW fix this too". They fixed it right away with some sort of quick reprogram but did not specifically tell me how, nor if it was something I could do on my own. Perhaps a call to the dealer may suffice and they can tell you how, or just stop at service. If they know what they're doing they should hopefully be able to fix it in a few minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no not all ;) that was the first thing that I checked. The gate just stopped lifting. Just wanted to ask forum members if similar problems occured and wanted their advise as to what caused it. I already made a appointment at my local stealership and just nervous that someone would tear apart my new car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes the motor / actuators have to programmed / sequenced together to keep from "jamming" up.. There is a TSB out for the same issue... NTB11210

·
Registered
341 Posts
Take your pathfinder to the dealership. There is a TSB out about the rear liftgates not working properly. A piece needs to be ordered to fix the problem. I just found out about this today - after taking my Pathfinder in a couple of times for the CVT shutter and the liftgate making a funny noise and straining to open.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Oh no not all ;) that was the first thing that I checked. The gate just stopped lifting. Just wanted to ask forum members if similar problems occured and wanted their advise as to what caused it. I already made a appointment at my local stealership and just nervous that someone would tear apart my new car.
2013 pathfinder? Get used to the dealership tearing it apart, particularly the CVT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts