Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2015 with 30k miles and when I have the ac on after a while I get a rattling noise. See video. Any help would be appreciated

is there any way i can post a video so people can see what is happening?

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
Yes. Just save the video somewhere and link to it using the link icon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those fans have been rattling for a while, too bad you didn't notice it when you bought it.
Hope the warranty takes care of you and if not, you can get these replaced under $400.
Weird thing is I took the car out twice and no sound. Even when i had the ac on. Drove it about a week and now the noise. UGH

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had may fan motor blower replace on a 2014 PF Palatium with 52,000 miles. The higher the speed setting the higher the noise got, extended warranty no cost to me at the dealer. The invoice was $269.00 to the dealer warranty department.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am so upset with where I brought the car. Sent them the video I posted as well as links of problem that people reported. They even called Nissan and they confirmed it. Yet they had the car all week and they are like we are not sure what to fix whether it’s the fan or the motor on the fan. I told them fix both!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2015 with 30k miles and when I have the ac on after a while I get a rattling noise. See video. Any help would be appreciated

is there any way i can post a video so people can see what is happening?
My 2015 PF made it to 74K before the rad fan failed in the same manner. Luckily my extended warranty covered the replacement which was done 4 days ago at the dealership

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 2015 PF made it to 74K before the rad fan failed in the same manner. Luckily my extended warranty covered the replacement which was done 4 days ago at the dealership
this dealership is not even calling me back...I am trying to be patient but this is ridiculous...

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
If this is getting fixed through the third party warranty, they are most likely evaluating the cheapest option possible. The OEM fan assembly is expensive and aftermarket ones can be found as low as $150. They are most likely finding an aftermarket one and waiting for it to be approved.

Before you get concerned, no aftermarket assembly can be worse than the crappy OEM part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So went to the dealer and asked to speak to management and I let them know what has been going on with the service department and with the car. Showed them the video as well as links that I sent to the service about the fan issue.

He made one call to Nissan and puts them on speaker and they said yeah it’s a known issue. He says before we get a bad review can we get this fix. Nissan guys says sure we can do it.

So I have the platinum warranty and it’s covered to get fix no charge.

Dropping it off Monday. We shall see how long Nissan keeps it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got my truck back and no new noise.

The long part was because I got the extended warranty with Chevy(where I brought the truck). They have to send an inspector to Nissan so they can say yes it is faulty. Then waited for Nissan to get the part in to get it fixed.

But it’s done and back on the road.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You are one of the few lucky ones, Nissan gave me the finger both times. Next is the sticky dash melting in the hot Texas sun. Ill see if I can 2 middle fingers from Nissan ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts