Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I gotta wonder if a recall is coming on these fans. There are a few folks I know with the same issue. Good luck in unloading it before something else goes SOL.
It's 2020, considering buying a 2017 pathfinder...no recall on these yet...shameful.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD
63 Posts
The fans are easy to replace. It took me about 45 minutes. There is a youtube video on how to do it. I also was shocked the dealer wanted $900. I bought mine online from Amazon I think for about $200.
I sort of got lucky. The box arrived damaged and the plastic housing was chipped. I sent a picture to the seller and offered to try to swap the motors for a substantial discount if it worked. Took about 15 extra minutes and they refunded me $100!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
558 Posts
It's 2020, considering buying a 2017 pathfinder...no recall on these yet...shameful.
This crappy fan motor issue is across the whole Nissan line. It effects other manufacturers as well. It's not just the radiator/AC fans, it's also the interior HVAC fans.

I guess what I'm getting at, is don't let the fan issue scare you. If you're handy enough to do an engine oil change yourself, you could change out one of these.

Prolly going to jinx myself here, but I've yet to be effected. We had over 80K miles on our 2016 Nissan Quest with no fan issues. Our 2015 NIssan Versa has been silent so far and my inlaws have been driving Rogues since they came out in 2007, but they don't keep them more than 3yrs. They've never had a fan issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just started on my 2013 Platinum Pathfinder. Guess I have a project coming up. I don’t even bother going to my dealer anymore, ran out of lube a long time ago. I have the Pathfinder and a Titan, and I like both vehicles, but hate the dealership and service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So fast forward to November 2018 and my alternator blew at 120k km. That cost me $1800.00 to replace. Then in February of 2020 at 160k km my transmission failed. I bought an extended warranty at the time of purchase. The dealer sold me an aftermarket warranty that they don't service. Just not right! Called Nissan to discuss this as there is well documented issues we all know about. They brushed me off sighting that I had an aftermarket warranty so what's the issue, right? F that! It still cost me out of pocket dollars as there was a cap on any warranty claim.

The transmission was replaced and I looked for my fastest exit out. COVID hit so I wasn't driving that much again until May when I started to go back to the office.

The overwhelming feeling hanging over me all the time about what will be next was just too much. So to do the math, warranty or otherwise, the failures this vehicle had in my 4.5 years of ownership was $10k. According to CAA, the average yearly cost of repairs is $500 - $700.00 for the most part. This vehicle greatly exceeded that. I guess there is a reason why Nissan offerings are the lower price leader. You get cheap when you go cheap.

I got out of that and into a Mazda with an UNLIMITED KILOMETRE WARRANTY!!!

Nissan can take a long hard lick of my back side. I'll never buy another!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have found the hard way that the warrenty, extended or not, is terrible for Nissan. The Pathfinder alone has had the fan issue, over 1000 in their shop, I did it myself for 285 plus an hour of my time. The biggest repair that really got me is replacing the rear AC lines. It is a known fault, even the dealer admitted that. After discussing with the dealer about the warranty on this, which it does not cover, I called Nissan Canada. A half hour of a heated discussion, they hung up on me. That was a 2500 repair. There were several other small things they would not cover. Why sell a warranty that does not cover anything? Would have to be one hell of a deal to get me back to another Nissan.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts