Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a lot for your advise and contribution on the subject.

I followed the advise and ordered the JBL speakers mentioned in the first page of this thread.

The recommendation was to go with the 2 ohm speakers.

However after the technician opened the oem speakers. I was surprised to see that they were 4 ohms. .!!!

My car is 2014 model SV with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. And navigation.

I kept the settings in the speakers up.

After starting the system ..

The sound is not loader. But more clear and crisp. I later changed the setting in the speakers -3 dB because the lows were more than I liked.

I am not 100% satisfied with the result and sure enough that the technician got the positive and negative terminals right.

The change is about 10 to 20% improvement.

Question ..

I noticed some noise similar to a rattle when playing something over Bluetooth.. only appeared after installing the speakers. However.. it is not there when I play from the radio.

Is this a common problem with PF and playing over Bluetooth.. ?

Question..

Shall I expect dramatically improvement of sound.. or is this as good as it gets with thee original head unit?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,810 Posts

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
Whenever I think electronics, I think Asia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a '15 SV, non-Bose, no nav.

Can I buy an aftermarket 2-din head unit, a bracket, and make that work with the existing display screen?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yes, but not easily or cheaply. There are several posts/threads here onthis forum about such a conversion. Crazy amount of work! (IMO)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess It would be easier to just go with DSP (speaker line level) + Amp + 6.5" component speakers (via 6x9 bracket).

Does the non-Bose stereo have an RCA line out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone give me a better indication of where the two areas on the front door I have to pop off to get the panel off? The one by the handle seems obvious, but the other one I'm not sure. The cup area right before the window/lock controls on the arm rest? I tried there but that little thing didn't seem to want to come out.

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all. Decide to post this here because this thread has lots of views and comments already. Just looking for some suggestion/thoughts. I have 14 platinum with Bose and I know that the Bose inst exactly properly sounding. My intention is to add an amp and small sub-woofer to the current stock setup. I choose this way because I want the Amp and sub to be removable when needed, (and still have the Bose sub when removed) E.g. when using to move cargo or on road trip when all seats are filled with little cargo space. My question is can I tap into the Bose input signal coming from the head unit. Or is it better to add an LOC. Suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I just bought JBL GTO939 6x9 for the fronts, JBL GTO629 6.5 for the 2nd row, and JBL GTO329 for the 3rd.

Can anyone help me with the size of the dash speakers. I'm going to be buying JBL GTO19T for the pillars so I have that covered.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all. Decide to post this here because this thread has lots of views and comments already. Just looking for some suggestion/thoughts. I have 14 platinum with Bose and I know that the Bose inst exactly properly sounding. My intention is to add an amp and small sub-woofer to the current stock setup. I choose this way because I want the Amp and sub to be removable when needed, (and still have the Bose sub when removed) E.g. when using to move cargo or on road trip when all seats are filled with little cargo space. My question is can I tap into the Bose input signal coming from the head unit. Or is it better to add an LOC. Suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks.
I've used a LOC on my 2006 Nissan Murano and I've always had a small hissing sound from it. I'd want to do the same thing in the future. If anyone else can have some input on this. That would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do you like the JBL fronts?

So I just bought JBL GTO939 6x9 for the fronts, JBL GTO629 6.5 for the 2nd row, and JBL GTO329 for the 3rd.

Can anyone help me with the size of the dash speakers. I'm going to be buying JBL GTO19T for the pillars so I have that covered.

Thanks
How do yo like the JBL's, front in particular? Was the install pretty straight forward mount in, Any additional fabrication or offset holes? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I definitely recommend upgrading your speakers if you can. Makes a **** of a difference with high and mids. Install was really easy. I did have to peel back the edges of the stock spacers to make the 939 fit. I also had to drill two holes to screw them down. I added pictures so you can see.

Took me about 4 hours to add all 8 speakers and also dynamat the front and rear doors. I'm working on the kicker hideaway but need help with the wiring. If anyone can help that would be awesome. I've driven around without the sub and it wasn't even noticeable. Just lets you know how crappy Bose/Nissan speakers were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have '14 S (no Bose, no NAV, just the plain orange and black display for the radio and A/C). I've searched many threads and have not found a straight answer....
I want to put in a simple aftermarket H/U with Bluetooth, nothing fancy. It seems like this shouldn't require as much modification as the higher trim levels. Can I get the double din H/U, the metra install kit, wire harness, and steering wheel kit and be done? I know I will lose the radio information display up top. The A/C display seems to be independent of the radio display.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have '14 S (no Bose, no NAV, just the plain orange and black display for the radio and A/C). I've searched many threads and have not found a straight answer....
I want to put in a simple aftermarket H/U with Bluetooth, nothing fancy. It seems like this shouldn't require as much modification as the higher trim levels. Can I get the double din H/U, the metra install kit, wire harness, and steering wheel kit and be done? I know I will lose the radio information display up top. The A/C display seems to be independent of the radio display.

Thanks
Yes that's all you will need. I did the same page on my 15

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 120 Posts