Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a couple months ago some Nissan touch up paint. On the package it says something like 1 clear coat and 1 paint. In other words it is a two part touch up paint kit. Anyway I finally opened the package and both tubes seem to contain the same stuff. I open them up and both the same color. Even the part numbers on the actual bottle is the same. Did I get a mispackaged kit or ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you check the codes on the tubes, one begins with TC(top coat) and the other with BC(bottom coat). Obvious which to use first.The top coat for my PM moonlight white still has some pigment in it. Together, they worked great on a short scratch which revealed the black base.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's super annoying. I hope it isn't too much trouble to get them to send you the proper paint. You should give us some before and after pics of the scratch and what it looks like after your touch up job.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I received a couple months ago some Nissan touch up paint. On the package it says something like 1 clear coat and 1 paint. In other words it is a two part touch up paint kit. Anyway I finally opened the package and both tubes seem to contain the same stuff. I open them up and both the same color. Even the part numbers on the actual bottle is the same. Did I get a mispackaged kit or ?
How bad is the scratch?

You might need both if the base coat is exposed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's super annoying. I hope it isn't too much trouble to get them to send you the proper paint. You should give us some before and after pics of the scratch and what it looks like after your touch up job.

Dealer handled it without question. Paint arrived 3 days later.

It is just a minor rock chip. I am picky like that. Plus it is good to have some hanging around

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What ever happened to those 2 in 1 touch up paints with built in clear.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Anyone looking to touch up scratches or rock chips should watch this video before doing it, especially if you're new to the whole process, well worth the watch:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts