Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I've had my '22 Path for almost a month with 2000 miles already. Car is great and really love it. I also have '06 path which we call 'grandpa' and the '22 path ' the new guy'. My issue with the new guy is that the factory alarm or panic alarm goes off randomly for no reason.
It started a week after I got it, the alarm went off once. A week later it went again. As days goes by the intervals in between got closer, it's going off almost everyday now.
What I've noticed is that the alarm only goes off after I've been driving, park it, half hour later or so the alarm triggers after that it'll be fine. Yesterday, it was triggered 5 times, 3 times after I got to my job and 2 times after I got home. When the alarm goes off you can't turn it off but it does stop on its own after few blaring horns.
Does anyone else having this issue? I'm scheduled at the dealership on Tuesday.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very interesting. Do you have the impact/shock sensor option installed? If so, is there a lot of shockwaves hitting the new guy, like passersby bumping it as they go by, or maybe someone with an insane subwoofer blowing the panels off their car passing thru, or loud construction equipment like jack hammers, etc in the area? Or thunder? I recall seeing another post where the alarm would go off while washing the car or something to that effect. Just wondering if the shock sensor is too sensitive. What did the dealer say?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts