Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am not a Pathfinder owner, but I recently helped a buddy swap out his broken Bose cassette/6 cd changer unit on his 2004 Pathfinder LE Platinum for a working one out of an SE, and I wasn't aware that the Bose radios have different faceplate orientations to fit different models, so I bought the wrong one at the junkyard. The faceplates are easily swapped, fyi. As long as it is not the display that is broken, you can unscrew a couple screws and trade out the faceplates. There is a little bit of resistance when pulling the faceplate off of the unit, fyi. The LE has 4 tiny screws that hold on the faceplate, and the SE version has 2, but everything is working and the faceplate plugs right into the working head unit.
I wanted to post this because I was searching for this answer and had found no info whatsoever on this subject. I attempted it only because the head unit from the junkyard was nonrefundable, so I had nothing to lose. It just so happened to be an easy plug and play solution!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts