Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member here!!

So I purchased the extended warranty upto 100k miles or 6 years. Cost was $2400. It comes to about $35.00 dollars a month. I didn't think it was too bad. Although I always do not usually buy them I took a chance this time due to the transmission as I will occassionally be towing a 3500 pound trailer. I knew about the Geico deal but I figured all repairs can be done at any Nissan. What do you guys think? Also the dealer upgraded the warranty factory warranty to 10 years/150k miles for engine and transmission. What do you guys think Wouild you would of done it?...We keep our cars for long time. The car I traded in was a 2008 Mazda with 207k miles.

I purchased the 2019 Pathfinder S 4x4

·
Registered
229 Posts
Like you, I bought one for my 2017. I too was concerned about the CVT issues. Mine was about the same price. Worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I purchased my 2017 Nissan brand new I also payed extended warranty 2400$ 10 yrs or 125000 k , so will see I hope I don’t have to use it

·
Registered
176 Posts
$2400 isn't bad for the above terms. That's about what I paid for the 5yr/100k miles extended warranty on our 2016 Nissan Quest. It was zero deductible if you used a Nissan dealer or $100 per issue outside of dealers.

It covered a $1200 HVAC repair at 88k miles and we wound up trading it in for the Pathfinder at just under 90k miles.

Sometimes you come out ahead with these warranties, sometimes you don't. I didn't buy one with my used 2019 PF.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wasn’t going going to , but since I travel a lot Summer time I thought I just do it , zero deductible to nissan dealer 100$ somewhere else , if car brakes while going vacation they pay my lodge too , I got the top package I think is premium plus or something, I have to look again , but again I hope I don’t have to use it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts