Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who got it and why?

What is the plan and how is the coverage?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got it because we'll have this one till the wheels fall off. But I didn't get the Nissan warranty, I got one through our CU. It covers everything other than WTD, abuse, or neglect. It was $1020.00 for 84/100k $0 deductible.

Dealer wanted almost $2500 with $100 deductible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the Nissan gold preferred 6 yr 100 k no deductible for $1000 for piece of mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I purchased the warranty through the dealer. The markup is insane, but I called around and got the best price I could find, and they matched it.

8yrs, 84k mikes- $1100

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nissan-ExtendedWarranty.com

I emailed them back and forth to get the best price...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I got the worst deal. Extd warranty for 7 years or 75,000 miles for $2,000. I did not know I can negotiate.. Too late now.. :( so sad

0 deductable if I go back to my dealer. Or a blind 100$ if I go to any other dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When did you buy the warranty? If it was recent and your loan hasn't been funded yet you can flat cancel without a penalty. If it has been funded (I'm assuming it has) you can still cancel it and they'll refund it at a pro-rated amount. Would probably be worth looking into.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When did you buy the warranty? If it was recent and your loan hasn't been funded yet you can flat cancel without a penalty. If it has been funded (I'm assuming it has) you can still cancel it and they'll refund it at a pro-rated amount. Would probably be worth looking into.
Oh, I have to look into this. Do I call nissan to cancel?

·
Registered
234 Posts
So, I tried something a little different this time. I was going to get the Nissan Warranty for the insane amount of $2000. But, when I called Geico for insurance, they asked me if I wanted "Mechanical Breakdown Insurance." What's that? For $40 each 6 month policy period, they will insure my car bumper to bumper for 7 years for a $100 deductible on each repair claimed against the warranty. You do the math - $80 x 7 years is $560 vs $2,000 for the nissan warranty which also lasts only 7 years or 100,000.

I called around and none of the other insurance companies offer this so not only am I staying with Geico, it looks like I'll be staying with them for at least 7 more years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have geico MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance). I was not aware that it is bumper to bumper. Below is some info I found on my policy:

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is similar to a dealer's warranty but it is usually much more affordable than a car dealership's extended warranty and in some instances covers much more. A $250 deductible applies to each covered loss except when the vehicle is still covered under the manufacturer's basic factory warranty, in which case a $100 deductible applies. It can only be added when the vehicle is a new vehicle, is fewer than 15 months old, the odometer reads fewer than 15,000 miles, and you are the first titleholder of the vehicle. Once purchased, MBI can be renewed for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). This material is intended for general information only. It does not expand coverage beyond the policy contract. Please refer to your policy contract for any specific information or questions on applicability of coverage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the warranty through Nissan - 7 yrs - 100K miles - $100 deductible - about $1400. I got it through Nissan because the dealer can do warranty work without approval from a 3rd party company. I got the max coverage because it's never anything mechanical that breaks, its always a module, or sensor , etc.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too purchased the extended warranty today. I purchased the 7yr 12k warranty. Of course I work for the dept that handles the claims at Nissan so i got a great rate. Word of wisdom, if you do purchase one of the warranties always make sure you go with the gold preferred. It is the best coverage, but also read all the details because there are still some parts not covered. But covers the biggest part of everything. I purchased as a piece of mind due to is the first year model and you never know what problems will happen down the road. Hope everyone enjoys their pathfinder as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can anyone pst the dealerships and contact information for the warranties that were in the neighborhood of $1000, $1100.

Thanks
Marianne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh, I have to look into this. Do I call nissan to cancel?
Sweet :) I got taken for a nice ride of 5 years only/100K miles for 2600! Trying to cancel now (65 days in) so there will be some deduction but should not as bad. I got a quote for 7 years/100K for $520 up front, which includes all the electronics or only $370 without. I am going with the higher quote. Thanks for the tip!:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
A dealer (not Nissan) recently tried to sell us their warranty plan, first describing, diamond, platinum, gold, silver, aluminum, plastic... (okay, not really--but there were 7 tiers!)

Each step down he would explain, okay this one doesn't cover the seat fabric, so if you spill something on it then you're on your own to clean or replace it, etc. I seriously laughed out loud that he thought their customers would actually be scared into buying a warranty because they would have to clean their own seats. Seriously!

I'm just hoping now that I won't outdrive the powertrain warranty and then start having CVT issues that aren't covered by warranty or a recall.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts