Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any people who buy exhaust tip for the Pathfinder 13 ? Any suggestion or photo ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Not sure about you, but I can't even see my exhaust pipe, without craning my neck. Pretty sure an exhaust tip will go relatively unnoticed.... and if you put an extension on, it will just look silly.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Here is a stainless exhaust tip on Ebay for about $65 plus shipping. I also can not even see the existing end of the exhaust system, so I don't know if you will see this exhaust tip if you install it (hopefully it won't fall off on a bumpy road).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I guess the best way to go about getting one of these to give the look we're going for it to take some measurements to see what we have to work with. For all we know it could take some hard to find exhaust tip end to get the look we want.

I think some auto parts stores have various sizes of these

·
Registered
198 Posts
Keep in mind that there really isn't much (if any) of a straight portion on our exhaust tip to secure an extension onto it. It'll just barely hang on. And I agree with cwa107 that it'll just look silly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dual exhaust like on the explorer would have looked nice. And about 2 more inches of ground clearance.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,766 Posts
Be glad you can't see them!

I also own a BMW and you wouldn't believe how bimmer owners obsess over their exhaust tips and whether they are dual or quad. Not being able to see them is just one less thing to worry about in my opinion.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not enough available area on the 2013/2014 Pathfinder exhaust pipe to securely put a tip on.
I think Nissan dropped the ball not putting duals on the Pathfinder...they look great on the Rogue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not enough available area on the 2013/2014 Pathfinder exhaust pipe to securely put a tip on.
I think Nissan dropped the ball not putting duals on the Pathfinder...they look great on the Rogue.
The Pathfinder was meant to be a more fuel efficient upscaled SUV, not a reason to please the mod ricers. The Rogue is more of a younger generation small SUV. The dual is purely cosmetic meant to please those younger customers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Pathfinder was meant to be a more fuel efficient upscaled SUV, not a reason to please the mod ricers. The Rogue is more of a younger generation small SUV. The dual is purely cosmetic meant to please those younger customers.
Actually a dual exhaust is more fuel efficient allowing the engine to expel exhaust faster and "breathe" better. It's probably not cost efficient for Nissan to add another exhaust for the Pathfinder however.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Actually a dual exhaust is more fuel efficient allowing the engine to expel exhaust faster and "breathe" better. It's probably not cost efficient for Nissan to add another exhaust for the Pathfinder however.

Correct... they saved the money for cvt warranty repairs!! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many modern dual exhaust systems are fake. Simply a "Y" pipe installed to a single exhaust system with an added second muffler. It really doesn't sound any better because a large portion of the exhaust path the exhaust is traveling through a single pipe. This fake dual exhaust doesn't add any significant increase in power or fuel economy. It is only a styling design to give the illusion that the car has a powerful engine. But those of us who remember the 450+ HP big blocks usually aren't fooled. About all the modern fake dual exhaust systems do is to add to the price of the vehicle. They are about a useful as the fake hood scoops. However this is a different rant.

Also, modern engines are tiny compared to the old big block V8 engines. They really don't need dual exhaust. The tiny engines simply don't need to flow as much air as a larger engine. A properly designed single exhaust is all you really need for an in-line 4 banger or V6. The savings on fuel by adding more weight is minuscule. I know, I have a dual exhaust Mazda 3. Looks good but nothing I can notice different from a single out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Many modern dual exhaust systems are fake. Simply a "Y" pipe installed to a single exhaust system with an added second muffler. It really doesn't sound any better because a large portion of the exhaust path the exhaust is traveling through a single pipe. This fake dual exhaust doesn't add any significant increase in power or fuel economy. It is only a styling design to give the illusion that the car has a powerful engine. But those of us who remember the 450+ HP big blocks usually aren't fooled. About all the modern fake dual exhaust systems do is to add to the price of the vehicle. They are about a useful as the fake hood scoops. However this is a different rant.

Also, modern engines are tiny compared to the old big block V8 engines. They really don't need dual exhaust. The tiny engines simply don't need to flow as much air as a larger engine. A properly designed single exhaust is all you really need for an in-line 4 banger or V6. The savings on fuel by adding more weight is minuscule. I know, I have a dual exhaust Mazda 3. Looks good but nothing I can notice different from a single out.
Yes sir, took the words right out of my mouth. In actuality alot of these cars with fake dual exhausts are actually taking away from performance. Exhaust is all about speed and flow. True dual like you said pumps the exhause out of two distinct pipes with thier own pressure. The fake Y pipe set up splits the pressure about 3/4 of the way out, so now 2 pipes are being fed from one manifold, flow is actually reduced in this case.

Pathfinder is much better without dual exhaust. Everytime i see dual on something that doesnt deserve it i think wannabe, although its not their fault its the manufacturers fault. Narcissists think 2 pipes makes them faster... Hold on let me go get my H pipe...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes sir, took the words right out of my mouth. In actuality alot of these cars with fake dual exhausts are actually taking away from performance. Exhaust is all about speed and flow. True dual like you said pumps the exhause out of two distinct pipes with thier own pressure. The fake Y pipe set up splits the pressure about 3/4 of the way out, so now 2 pipes are being fed from one manifold, flow is actually reduced in this case.

Pathfinder is much better without dual exhaust. Everytime i see dual on something that doesnt deserve it i think wannabe, although its not their fault its the manufacturers fault. Narcissists think 2 pipes makes them faster... Hold on let me go get my H pipe...
Patches.....my new friend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dual exhaust like on the explorer would have looked nice. And about 2 more inches of ground clearance.
I fully agree with the clearance issue. Last week I was Googling lift kits and found one for 2005-2013. Knowing this was a typo I called before ordering and I was right. Still looking and will post any "relevant" information

1 - 15 of 15 Posts