Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..
I bought my Nissan Pathfinder 2013 two months ago.
l am happy with its performance and features.

But there is one thing concerning me, is the excessive wind noise at speeds of 100 km/h or more when driving in cross wind conditions.

It is realy noisy comparing to when driving in no wind blowing outdide.

Any solution please??

·
Registered
151 Posts
There will be some wind noise normally whenever you're driving in cross-winds, or any wind for that matter. Now with that being said, does the wind noise seem to be concentrated around the doors, or around a particular door/window? If so, IMO, take it back to the dealer while it's under warranty and let them know that you feel something is wrong with the weather stripping around the doors. These can sometimes be defective and seal poorly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you ugadawg for your reply.

yes, the noise is concentrated around the driver's door but sometimes it can be heared at the rear around the liftgate.

I am taking it back to the dealer next weak. I hope that they solve this problem quickly and easily.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We too took ours in.. No problem found though... The other thing i've noticed when it rains seems like water is "leaking" in but isn't.. Believe it is just the design or the doors all together.. I believe its the altima models have the same problem but its the air flow over the mirrors.. if i recall correctly...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my new 2013 pathfinder a month ago. Recently, I heard increased wind noise on the driver side and found that the roof side molding assemblies is coming off at the end closest to the windshield. I suspect that's the cause of the problem. I've scheduled to take it to the dealership. Anyone hear anything similar?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
thanks for the headsup. that is an easy check for those who have this problem.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I purchased my new 2013 pathfinder a month ago. Recently, I heard increased wind noise on the driver side and found that the roof side molding assemblies is coming off at the end closest to the windshield. I suspect that's the cause of the problem. I've scheduled to take it to the dealership. Anyone hear anything similar?
I had that issue too... but it sounded like a loose blanket or tarp tied on the roof. Mine had come loose on both sides from the windshield to the front of the roof rack. It sounded like something rattling around in the headliner.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I sometimes feel excessive cold around the drivers door toward the bottom.
Seems like it comes in around the firewall. once weather warms up I will get in there and seal everything that may be a culprit.
no noise to speak of, usual cabin sounds only so far. but if I turn the radio down I might hear better!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
could it be the door handles? sometimes air comes in through there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just want to express my deep dissappointment in the resolving my problem with my newly purchased Nissan Pathfinder. We purchased in October 2013 within a week of purchasing, we noticed a wind noise with our SL with Platinum package (moonroof). We brought it for service - the technician agreed it was very annoying and would took photos to inform Nissan directly. 6 weeks later no contact back from Nissan to the dealer ship. They finally directed me to the Customer Service department of Nissan to see if I would have better luck. Eventually after multiple trips and evaluation even with the manager -who agreed it was louder and annoying we still didn't get any solution. What is more disappointing is that he was able to document that SUVS with the moonroof option were louder than those with the standard roof. The NISSAN customer representative basically said it was something I will have to accept. It is hard for me to believe that a company of NISSAN stature would not have the engineering sophistication /technology to allow this much difference in noise levels to the point it impacts the customer experience. It has been more than 2 months since my last contact with Nissan or the dealership. I was hoping we could just get adjusted to this noise, but unfortunately instead it is a constant annoyance and makes us continually regret our purchase. In reality, it is a beautiful car, comfortable, drives well but it is so disappointing that we can't enjoy without this annoyance. I just drove my friends SUV from a different company with the back seat extended moonroof -and they didn't have this noise issue at all. My wife is an engineer and as well as many of our friends who have driven this car. They all quickly recognize the noise and agree this is a very bad engineering problem and are astonished that NISSAN doesn't look into to this further and find a solution.

In the end, only because of this noise, we deeply regret our purchase. At this point, I would request re-evaluation of this problem. As I said both the technician, dealership manager and many passengers since agree this is not a minor noise, but is very annoying.

I sent this comment directly to Nissan and still no response. Customer Service very poor and I would not buy this car or another Nissan product again if I don't get resolution to this problem.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hey vkallada.

sharing this here isnt going to get the problem solved. keep pushing the dealer

be persistent and you will get a solution. if that doesnt work. burn the house down

·
Registered
2 Posts
While traveling over the weekend, it became very bothersome. I believe it's coming from the door moldings. The molding on the bottom outside of the doors are loose because there are practically being held by some sort of industrial double-sided tape. At about 65 mph, they start to rattle. I have the same plan to report it to the service department.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
its possible only certain batches had the problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi..
I bought my Nissan Pathfinder 2013 two months ago.
l am happy with its performance and features.

But there is one thing concerning me, is the excessive wind noise at speeds of 100 km/h or more when driving in cross wind conditions.

It is realy noisy comparing to when driving in no wind blowing outdide.

Any solution please??
Remove the luggage rack cross beams (they go side to side). They act like airplane wings and create the loud wind noise you are hearing. 100% effective!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Remove the luggage rack cross beams (they go side to side). They act like airplane wings and create the loud wind noise you are hearing. 100% effective!
I did the same thing and the wind noise is gone. Cross beams on most vehicles cause quite a bit of air turbulence and can reduce MPG materially. Unfortunately for the new Pathfinders, you can hear that turbulence.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts