Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Pathfinder SL, had my compressor replaced 3 months ago, and have had the exact problem described above since. Good air flow for the first 5-10 minutes and then it quickly fades ( even though I can hear the blower going like crazy still ). On my drive to work, I’ve been turning the heat on for 1-2 minutes at a time, then turning the climate system completely off to prevent it from freezing. Repeat every 5-10 minutes or whenever I’m about to get frostbite. Not ideal.

I just ordered part no. 27760-3KA3A used from ebay and the shop that replaced my compressor will install it when it arrives. Will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed. Really glad I found this thread because I no longer feel alone with this issue.
UPDATE: Had part no. 27760-3KA3A installed (purchased used via eBay for ~$55 shipped to Canada). It fixed the issue described above. So weird that a new AC compressor caused this issue to begin, and that installing an older part fixed the problem. I have constant heat again, front and rear. Thank you @Tutti57.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So my 2003 had a variable displacement compressor.
It did NOT have any second plug or input. It was all internal.
I looked at daughter's AC and it has an electronic pressure sensor and external connections.
It sound to me there are at least two types of compressor and controllers on this generation pathfinder and when compressor is replaced it is easily replaced with wrong one. The description below seems wrong earlier in discussion.
"Some Nissan's use a variable rate compressor that changes the piston stroke based on need instead of cycling on and off, but those compressors have two connectors, one for the clutch and a separate one for the pulse width modulation. 2014 and 2015 didn't have that."

But that don't not mean it's not a variable stoke compressor !
Interesting read if very long.

·
Registered
672 Posts
So my 2003 had a variable displacement compressor.
It did NOT have any second plug or input. It was all internal.
I looked at daughter's AC and it has an electronic pressure sensor and external connections.
It sound to me there are at least two types of compressor and controllers on this generation pathfinder and when compressor is replaced it is easily replaced with wrong one. The description below seems wrong earlier in discussion.
"Some Nissan's use a variable rate compressor that changes the piston stroke based on need instead of cycling on and off, but those compressors have two connectors, one for the clutch and a separate one for the pulse width modulation. 2014 and 2015 didn't have that."

But that don't not mean it's not a variable stoke compressor !
Interesting read if very long.
That could be, however, a variable stroke clutch is always engaged and does not cycle on and off. It changes the angle of the swash plate. If you clutch cycles off, it's a fixed rotary vane compressor set up. The manual states that these use a v-6 compressor, which is a variable stroke compressor, but, they cycle on and off, so I don't know. The service info is contradictory and I know for a fact that some Nissans have two connectors to vary the compression. Could be a different set up, who knows. I'm pretty confident that this problem is the result of an incompatible compressor install though.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts