Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, thank you everyone for you contributions to this post. I am having the exact same issue (2015 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum, bought used this summer). I replaced the compressor, ac fluid is fine, replaced the AC amplifier (with 27760-9PB0A), went to 5 different mechanics, spent a lot of money and I am still having the same issue... My nissan dealer basically gave up and told me to try another Nissan Dealer. Should I try and replace 27760-9PB0A with 27760-3KA3A ? A used one is about 100$ including shipping in Canada

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tutti57. I'm a little confused. If I understand, you say it's the ECM that monitors ambient temperature and evaporator temperature to prevent a command from the a/c amp to run the compressor. I must have this wrong because the amp doesn't know about an icing evaporator so changing the amp would have no effect. Can you please set me straight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The new Nissan Dealer just called and said I need to replace the Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV), because my lines keep freezing. Would this make sense ? Does the AC auto amp control the pressure in the lines ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new Nissan Dealer just called and said I need to replace the Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV), because my lines keep freezing. Would this make sense ? Does the AC auto amp control the pressure in the lines ?
That makes little sense to me. What's with the freezing lines? Are they talking about frost on the outside, and if so, which line? You would expect that on the return line but not the liquid line.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts