Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
The mechanic probably ordered the one that it calls for, but for whatever reason something isn't right with that part number. Not sure if it's a catalog issue it if the compressor had been replaced with the wrong one at some point?

Was your compressor ever replaced?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, the compressor is what he replaced. It finally locked up and my belt shredded, so it was a decent job ($1,700 parts and labor).

After he installed it he was confused about the amount of "water" that would leak off the car after he installed the new compressor. I put a Tupperware under the car for a day and checked and it was definitely pure water that I'm guessing was just melting frozen condensation. It doesn't "leak" water anymore and has been working perfectly since I found this thread and the climate control amplifier was installed (which took me about 15 minutes after watching the video linked previously).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Interesting. Yes, that was probably the evaporator freezing then thawing. So that is one instance of the problem probably being the new compressor not being compatible with the ac auto amp. From what I have seen so far, that is what starts this issue. I wonder if there is a parts catalog error on the compressors since it doesn't make sense that the module suddenly loses comparability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting. Yes, that was probably the evaporator freezing then thawing. So that is one instance of the problem probably being the new compressor not being compatible with the ac auto amp. From what I have seen so far, that is what starts this issue. I wonder if there is a parts catalog error on the compressors since it doesn't make sense that the module suddenly loses comparability.

I'm just thrilled this feed existed and addressed my problem. Your help saved me another day at the mechanic and who knows what costs. It'd be cool if Nissan figured out the part labelling issue but maybe this will help other owners get this fixed as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have been following this thread and needless to say, I am experiencing what I can deduce from post thread is evaporator freezing (i can turn heat on to thaw it while driving or be stopped somewhere and will ac will start working again for period of time before freezing again) and no air output despite blower motor working. I asked nissan to order ac auto amp part, explaining the part # I wanted only to be dismissed and told they'd order part corresponding to VIN, only to be sold the exact part number Tutti57 said didn't work. Even tho that new part had the same number as to the old one in there, it still didn't work. I did have compressor replaced 8 weeks ago (now I'm wondering if that was a bad decision.)

Interestingly enough, I was driving back to TX on a long road trip and was able to turn rear control to auto (which prompted AC to turn on) and left the front controls to manual, no AC and just a high blower speed and it blew cold on me the entire trip home. I have yet to figure out how that cheat kept evaporator from freezing but it certainly saved me a scorching ride home!!

I took it to my shop when I got back who could not duplicate event, go figure. But as soon as I got it back and drove it my morning commute, problem right back. I realized that the a/c light was not illuminated on auto and when I asked the guy about it, he said if it's blowing cold don't touch it. It was blowing cold, but I also know that the light should be illuminated. And still lost output even with it unlit. I drove it straight to the shop, but as soon as it sits and water drips out bottom of my car, by the time the mechanic gets there it's blowing cold again and the shop thinks I'm a crazy lady.

Sorry for my long message but everyone here seems to have the most information on this. I've been dismissed by so many shops that I'm starting to loose it and figured reaching out to someone who actually believed and fixed this problem may be my only hope. Do you think I should just order the other auto amp part number, the one you fixed your cars with, or is there even a chance this is another issue with an evaporator expansion valve or blower resister and I should try a new auto shop?

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,048 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
So, this only started after you replaced the compressor?

In my opinion is either the incompatible component and you need to replace the ac auto amp with PN 27760-3KA3A or they didn't fully charge the system. Low refrigerant levels will also cause the evaporator to freeze.
I vote for the first, it has been well documented that there is an error in the parts catalogue and this part can be incompatible with some compressors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
So, this only started after you replaced the compressor?

In my opinion is either the incompatible component and you need to replace the ac auto amp with PN 27760-3KA3A or they didn't fully charge the system. Low refrigerant levels will also cause the evaporator to freeze.
I vote for the first, it has been well documented that there is an error in the parts catalogue and this part can be incompatible with some compressors.
Thanks! It's one of those gray areas because it was seemingly so intermittent at first, but the first time I definitely noticed it was on a road trip after the compressor replaced. I had it back to the same shop, and I guess I'm not 100% sure on refrigerant level but they said they recharged system to specs and tested. I can only trust what they say. I am also leaning heavy towards another new auto amp, but wanted to check in with all you amazing people on this thread. I just wish my other two auto shops weren't so dismissive of the auto amp issue despite my printing out this post. Sigh. It's just $200 down the drain on the first part. Thanks so much for your reply!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder and was having the same issues after the original compressor went out. ThankGod for this page! I ordered the new control module and just installed about an hour ago and so far I don’t have any issues with the air blowing out. It’s my wife’s car so we’ll see over this week if my problems are resolved. Thank you guys so much for the information!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So this exactly my issue, low vent volume. The blower fan is moving fast but my a/c vents are hardly pushing any air out. Have a 2017 Plating m with dual temp controls. Is the A/C amp
I wanted to thank you for this thread, and more importantly, this particular post. I have been trying to find a solution to our 2015 Nissan Pathfinder "low air vent flow" problem for over a year now and every time we'd take it into the shop, same thing, they'd say, "it's working perfectly." I kept telling them "You have to take it on a drive down the freeway for 10-15 mins, then you'll notice the airflow via the door blenders will shut off. As I read this thread, it was as though I was reading every single thing I've done as well. To no avail....until I ordered the HVAC Control Module part# 27760-3KA3A on ebay for 23 bucks, took the front panel off (easy peasy...no problem at all) and SHAZAAM!!!! Halleluiah!!!! Glory to God!!!! IT WORKS!!! Even the Nissan "certified" mechanics couldn't find the problem or fix it. I fixed it for 23 bucks and about 10 mins labor time with this video.
Thank you thank you thank you! But I won't buy another Nissan unfortunately. Quality control is not good at all.
I’m having the same issue with my 2017 Platinum. Just ordered the amp #27760-3ka3a, the connectors seem the same and I’m hoping the part solves the low air flow from the vents issue. Just one concern, does this part work with pathfinders with dual front climate controls?

·
Registered
370 Posts
So this exactly my issue, low vent volume. The blower fan is moving fast but my a/c vents are hardly pushing any air out. Have a 2017 Plating m with dual temp controls. Is the A/C amp

I’m having the same issue with my 2017 Platinum. Just ordered the amp #27760-3ka3a, the connectors seem the same and I’m hoping the part solves the low air flow from the vents issue. Just one concern, does this part work with pathfinders with dual front climate controls?
I don't think that matters for this. Did you recently have your compressor replaced?

There are other reasons for low vent air volume, and evaporator core icing, which is really what causes the air issue. Incorrect refrigerant level for example, can cause icing, and result in low air, or a bad temp sensor on the evap core.

Before going this route, I would want to verify evaporator core temp, compressor command, ac pressure sensor, and system pressure on gauges. You may not have the tools to do that, but if you haven't had the ac system services in a while, I'd start with that if it were my car. Far more common too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think that matters for this. Did you recently have your compressor replaced?

There are other reasons for low vent air volume, and evaporator core icing, which is really what causes the air issue. Incorrect refrigerant level for example, can cause icing, and result in low air, or a bad temp sensor on the evap core.

Before going this route, I would want to verify evaporator core temp, compressor command, ac pressure sensor, and system pressure on gauges. You may not have the tools to do that, but if you haven't had the ac system services in a while, I'd start with that if it were my car. Far more common too.
Thanks, I ordered the part but I’ll bring the car to get the a/c serviced to get it all checked out. Any idea what the cost is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I ordered the part but I’ll bring the car to get the a/c serviced to get it all checked out. Any idea what the cost is?

So I re read your post where you swapped out the amp module from the older pathfinder not the newer one. Every single thing you described like the auto button not turning on the a/c light to the low air from the vent and other symptoms point to issues like you’ve been in my car. The only thing is that I haven’t ever had my compressor replaced nor have I had any a/c issues ever. My car is a 2017 bought brand new and has 64,000 miles. Since I already ordered the amp module and know how to remove the faceplate to the dash, might as well try the plug and play amp. If it doesn’t work then I’ll definitely bring it to the shop. Crossing my fingers that it’s my amp that failed. Not really impressed with the Nissan dealers here in New Orleans.
PS. My town is notorious for high humidity. talking about 60%-80% in July and August any thoughts?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,098 Posts
@Nelzavala Keep us posted on your 2017's autoamp situation.

Where did you wind up ordering yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder and was having the same issues after the original compressor went out. ThankGod for this page! I ordered the new control module and just installed about an hour ago and so far I don’t have any issues with the air blowing out. It’s my wife’s car so we’ll see over this week if my problems are resolved. Thank you guys so much for the information!
Update! My AC has been blowing cold without any issues since i switched the control module. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts

My 2015 has dual climate control and it worked

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you share the PN of the one removed and the one you purchased?
So, that was happening since new?
Getting the used part from eBay Wednesday, I’ll post the part numbers when I put it in probably that same night and if the swapping of the parts worked.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,098 Posts
Getting the used part from eBay Wednesday, I’ll post the part numbers when I put it in probably that same night and if the swapping of the parts worked.
I know I've searched up the auto amp a few times when these threads pop up and I have seen them on eBay and I think amazon for cheap. Silly, but I've often thought of having one on hand.

Some time ago I got an OEM replacement MAF sensor for my 2019 pathfinder off amazon for like $30 shipped. It was identical to the OEM hitcahi in every way I could see and a fraction of the cost of the dealer or most aftermarkets.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts