Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s been a while since provided an update.

Last thing they changed was the a/c compressor 1 month ago and i can confirm that finally fixed the erratic air flow pressure.... i haven’t had any issues since and it’s been a month... air flows speed turns low/high to my setting. Took about 1.5 mths for them to correct the issue but at last it’s fully functional as it should. So if any of you’s are having this issue run this by your mechanic and hopefully that will resolve your issue as well....

However, there is another, i don’t want to say issue but something I’ve notice that hopefully you’s can confirm if this is normal or not. My heating temperature will stay almost at same hot temperature from 62 to what ever the highest temperature is. Meaning from this temperature and above my heat comes on pretty humid and it don’t really feel a change much. So temp at 68 which i feel should be a warm/cool breeze feels like temp at 88. I just keep the air flow low so it won’t get too hot. The only time it will drastically change is if i go to 61 or 60 which is the lowest. Then cool air will come on.... this is not normal right? If i should want a cool fan like breeze coming in should that be around the mid 60s? Now through all this i am not in AC mode cuz i am not looking for cold frigid air flow.....

Can you’s let me know how your temperature feels at 62-70?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks. I'm new to the forum. We are having an issue with erratic blower air volume output on our 2015 Pathfinder SV. On initially starting, HVAC system works normally in both a/c and heating modes. After a period of time from minutes to hours, air volume output from all vents will quickly reduce to almost nothing with no real change in blower motor sound. Reduced air flow affects aĺl vent modes, recirc and fresh air, as well as dual and single modes. Blower appears to run appropriate to blower setting, just no airflow from vents. Output from rear passenger system similarly affected. Nissan mechanic has spent hours trying to diagnose. Cabin filter replaced, intakes checked for obstructions and blower motor removed and checked. Malfuntion will continue until car is turned off and allowed to sit for a long period. (Of note, issue first appeared some weeks after repair work completed for large stone impact to underside which caused significant damage to frame, oil pan, a/c leak, drive train etc.) Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
I'm having the exact same issue! It usually works when i start the car and will be fine for short trips but then stops blowing cold or warm air out of vents. I can hear the fan blowing but the sir dorrs are short circuiting for some reason. I brought to mechanic and of course it worked fine for him so we are at a loss. Good think I have heated seats because its gets pretty chilly in MN

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
679 Posts
I wish we had some resolution to this but it hasn't happened yet best I can tell!

Seems odd to me too because any decent shop will have data scanners that will tell you positions of the HVAC blend doors and display any HVAC system codes, unless for some odd reason Nissans don't do this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue! It usually works when i start the car and will be fine for short trips but then stops blowing cold or warm air out of vents. I can hear the fan blowing but the sir dorrs are short circuiting for some reason. I brought to mechanic and of course it worked fine for him so we are at a loss. Good think I have heated seats because its gets pretty chilly in MN
I am having the same issue with a 2015 as well, hoping someone here smarter than me gives some advice!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am having the same issue with a 2015 as well, hoping someone here smarter than me gives some advice!
This happened to me. The compressor in these vehicles has a variable valve. The mechanics swapping out these compressors have to be 100% certain is the same compressor. After I replaced my compressor, it was freezing and no air was coming out of the vents.. Later, I found out they sold me the wrong compressor model.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts