Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Pathfinder that my wife drives. I think we forgot to do the oil change last December (usually did it once/yr as she doesn't drive a lot). Either that or she did it somewhere besides the dealer and didn't get a reminder sticker.

Regardless, this past weekend we started seeing white smoke coming out of the exhaust at start-up & the check engine light came on. She took it to the dealer and the dealer said there was a lot of gunk. I don't trust that dealership because of some shady **** the service guy was saying and how he was proposing outrageous solutions:

1) trade in the car for a new one
2) buy a new motor from the dealer - $13k
3) buy a remanufactured motor - $8k

It's white smoke, and it's consistent, so I'm sure there's an issue. If the dealer wasn't full of **** (it's possible!) and the motor dies, then I saw used ones on ebay for $1,000.

If I can ever get some free time I'd like to pull the pan and see what I can see. My plan is to get a compression & leakdown test, and if those pass, then we'll run the car and change the oil often with that gunk remover stuff from autozone/o'reilly.

Anyone have anything similar happen? What happened in your case?

·
Super Moderator
1,962 Posts
That should be coolant leaking into the combustion chamber, did it overheat?
If the oil looks like a milkshake most likely your engine is done.
You could still have the head gaskets replaced if oil has not been contaminated.
Do you know what code is coming up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't have a code reader for this car. I have a Cobb AP for my GTI :ROFLMAO:, but I never planned on modding this one, except for the running boards and radio for handsfree.

No overheating either. I'll check the oil now with a flashlight to see if it looks like milkshake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts