Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, my wife loves the new Pathfinder. We picked up a '22 Platinum in black several weeks ago. She's coming from a '14 Platinum which she also liked. Personally, I like the looks a lot and even more, once I tinted the front windows haha

The one thing I am a bit disappointed in is actually something I initially thought I loved. The captains' seats each have two electronic buttons to release them. You can do it from the side (entering) or the back (third row). When pushed, the seat releases and shoots forward pretty aggressively. This has become a problem because we have kids that don't think...like most kids. So they'll push it when they're ready to get out regardless of who or what happens to be in the way of the seat. May it be a 2-year-olds foot, a mom's head, a seat full of food...whatever? haha

One solution I've thought of is simply to get my 5 and 6-year-old to remember not to push the button...so far I have failed at this solution. So another I thought of was maybe (just maybe), Nissan provided an option to disable that button from the third row...and they haven't.

So my question is, has anyone thought about this and came up with a solution? I tried finding a wiring diagram online so that I could simply detach the wires going to the rear button but I haven't had any luck there as of yet.

Thoughts?!? Thanks!

Nick
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
First, my wife loves the new Pathfinder. We picked up a '22 Platinum in black several weeks ago. She's coming from a '14 Platinum which she also liked. Personally, I like the looks a lot and even more, once I tinted the front windows haha

The one thing I am a bit disappointed in is actually something I initially thought I loved. The captains' seats each have two electronic buttons to release them. You can do it from the side (entering) or the back (third row). When pushed, the seat releases and shoots forward pretty aggressively. This has become a problem because we have kids that don't think...like most kids. So they'll push it when they're ready to get out regardless of who or what happens to be in the way of the seat. May it be a 2-year-olds foot, a mom's head, a seat full of food...whatever? haha

One solution I've thought of is simply to get my 5 and 6-year-old to remember not to push the button...so far I have failed at this solution. So another I thought of was maybe (just maybe), Nissan provided an option to disable that button from the third row...and they haven't.

So my question is, has anyone thought about this and came up with a solution? I tried finding a wiring diagram online so that I could simply detach the wires going to the rear button but I haven't had any luck there as of yet.

Thoughts?!? Thanks!

Nick
View attachment 16304
Congrats, sharp looking car.

I would just cut out a piece of cardboard to cover the push button and tape it with duct tape or a large rubber band if you not using third row access. If you really want it look better, buy velcro in Michael's and attach cardboard or plexiglass to the button. There are ways to block it without wiring diagram ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, sharp looking car.

I would just cut out a piece of cardboard to cover the push button and tape it with duct tape or a large rubber band if you not using third row access. If you really want it look better, buy velcro in Michael's and attach cardboard or plexiglass to the button. There are ways to block it without wiring diagram ;)
Thanks for the suggestions! That is likely what I'll end up doing, is simply covering it. I was just hoping to do something that wouldn't be so noticeable...or noticeable at all :) I know, probably a little bit anal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! That is likely what I'll end up doing, is simply covering it. I was just hoping to do something that wouldn't be so noticeable...or noticeable at all :) I know, probably a little bit anal.
My kids are old enough to know not to do this very same thing, but that is precisely why they do it. Someone is going to get hurt, Nissan should really solve this problem early. Little fingers find their way to get pinched!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts