Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to do either? It would be nice to enable the camera without being in reverse or for my wife to watch a dvd while I'm driving. If it matters I have the SL without NAV

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know that you can't have a movie playing on the centre console unless you are in park with the parking brake on. They don't want it to be possible for people to watch movies while they are driving which unfortunately makes it impossible for passengers too. As for the camera, the platinum has a camera button that you can push to turn the camera on, but I don't think the SL console has that button. Maybe another SL owner can answer that one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The camera button can only activate the camera when you drive real slow. I tried to turn it on when driving faster to no prevail

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ahh ok. We've only had ours for a couple of days and I just tried it once at a red light. I guess there would be no need for it at high speeds. OP still needs to know if you can get the backup camera on while going slow on the SL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I was thinking more along the line if there is some aftermarket mod that would allow it. I know on a lot of vehicles there is a device you can install that lets you do those things (bypassed the parking brake wire, etc)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most likely the radio has an parking brake wire just like the aftearket ones. If u can find that wire that connecta to the radio all you have to do is ground that wire. Beacuse that how the radio allows you to watch a movie whyle parked or maybe they are using the speed sensing wire for the volume on this

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those who are looking to mod there unit, look like you won't have to buy a premium bypass after all ...

Timmbo from the JX forum done it and here someone has done it on his PF SV too:

Re: Watch Movies on Navigation Screen while JX35 is moving!

by lgestrella » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 am

Guys i did it!!! ok whom ever has a 2013 pathfinder SV and im guessing SL this are the steps, simple and easy
1. After you removed the console (basically except the screen)
2. take the bottom right plug (16 pins top n bottom) and the cables you looking for are the Ebrake & VSS.
3. the are dark green (Ebrake) and Grey (VSS) located on the bottom right looking at the plug facing you... the 1st two.
4. i just cut the VSS and put tape on it and the Ebrake cable (cut it)and you have to connected to a ground. i got the ground from a screw i found out. SIMPLE!..

now all i have to do is buy a DVD and i can install it either on the glove compartment or in the center console. just connect it to the RCA cables. GOOD LUCK GUYS IT'S EASY!!!

lgestrella

1 - 8 of 8 Posts