Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has added the DVD Players into the headrest as an aftermarket item. ;)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
haven't seen it on this forum unless i missed out on something. Have you started to narrow down your options on the aftermarket headrest dvd players you want to get?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife and I bought a Platinum version about a week ago, and unfortunately didn't want to stretch ourselves and get the Platinum Premium version. We have been pondering this question as well in regards to headrest DVD players.

Our question, and I have tried asking at the dealership with no solid answer/information, is if you were to get the add-on DVD players that Nissan offers, would it tie into the controls up front. Basically can you get the function of the Platinum Premium edition DVD players with the add-on DVD players?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally I would save yourself the hassle and buy a couple of Nexus 10 tablets for the passengers. That way they can be used to:

*Share with passengers in front and 3rd row
*Play games
*Play movies
*Play audio
*Apps (read books with Kindle app for example)
*HD resolution instead of low resolution DVD screens
*Own speakers that don't require headphones
*Can be stored out of view in pockets on back of driver/passenger seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Before I couldn't figure out whether to buy a headrest car dvd or a overhead car dvd. Then I found that a overhead car dvd may take up too much room, so I decide to buy a headrest one. The headrest one is always cheaper than the overhead one. So that was a good purchase. I bought two 7 inch Digital Car Headrest DVD Player with USB/SD/GAME/IR/FM transmitter $163/pc. They went on well with my Bluebird. Bought from justcardvd. Really nice purchase.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can buy the "headrest dvd kit" from nissan.. it comes with both headrest, and the module that mounts under the passenger front seat as well. i've been thinking of adding to my SL model.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
11 Posts
The problem with the kit from Nissan is that is expensive. I inquired where we bought the vehicle and they said it would probably be around $2,000 all said and done. For that price I will buy a couple iPads or something along those lines and bank the rest.

Not sure on the pricing, but I am pretty sure the DVD players either from the factory or the kit are from "Audiovox." And Audiovox offers headrest DVD players. That might be the better way to go and cut the middleman (Nissan) out to save some $$.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DVD Headrest Covers

We bought the premium platinum package, because we wanted the larger tires and the moonroof, so we got the DVD headrests by default. Do you know where you could get headrest covers? Nissan doesn't have, can't find any online.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We bought the premium platinum package, because we wanted the larger tires and the moonroof, so we got the DVD headrests by default. Do you know where you could get headrest covers? Nissan doesn't have, can't find any online.
I had the headrest DVD players in my Murano. I had tan leather interior and found a site that makes headrest covers. They were a perfect match and priced well. $25.00 for the pair. I'm sure the black ones would also be fine. The site is royalandmore.com/ They sell embroidered head rest covers and other stuff. I just got plain brown headrest covers. Perfect to protect/conceal dvd players when not in use. I dealt with the production manger...not sure if he still there, but here is his contact info.

David Redd

Production Manager

Royal Embroidery & more, Inc.

(919)-461-8998
[email protected]

Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just purchased 2 of the brand new Nexus 7 tablets from Google... $602 including tax and delivery.

I did two things with it... I copied some movies onto it (adult and kids) and I downloaded some popular games, again for both adult and kids.

We put them in the back of the two front seats so when the kids get in the back, they can grab them, turn them on and watch their movies and play games. If they fall asleep, the adult passengers are free to pick up the tablet and play around with it.

The flexibility that this gives you is awesome... You can put anything on them, it plays all movie file types, it has games, music etc etc, all in crystal clear HD resolution.

The DVD system and screens are archaic and completely inflexible. In this day and age, they make absolutely no sense to me and are a complete rip off when it comes to $$$$.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just purchased 2 of the brand new Nexus 7 tablets from Google... $602 including tax and delivery.

I did two things with it... I copied some movies onto it (adult and kids) and I downloaded some popular games, again for both adult and kids.

We put them in the back of the two front seats so when the kids get in the back, they can grab them, turn them on and watch their movies and play games. If they fall asleep, the adult passengers are free to pick up the tablet and play around with it.

The flexibility that this gives you is awesome... You can put anything on them, it plays all movie file types, it has games, music etc etc, all in crystal clear HD resolution.

The DVD system and screens are archaic and completely inflexible. In this day and age, they make absolutely no sense to me and are a complete rip off when it comes to $$$$.

Definitely true if the car didn't come with the players. No reason to put them in aftermarket. Tablets are much more flexible.

Reactions: Off-Roader

·
Registered
112 Posts
Definitely true if the car didn't come with the players. No reason to put them in aftermarket. Tablets are much more flexible.
it seems like even car makers are taking the tablet route. i've seen the infotainment screens in some new german cars an it's nothing like our PF's, it looks like someone placed their tablet on the center of the dash lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts