Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously planning to buy the PF Platinum Premium with Entertainment System. I know it supports playing Videos through the USB drives. Today I did a test drive on one of the 2013 model. The salesman also agreed that it can play movies from pen drive. But I couldn't play any movies from my USB pen drive (I used a Lexar 2GB with 2 .mkv files and 1 .avi file). I was able to play .mp3 music files. Anybody yet tried playing movies in .mkv or .avi file formats through USB drives. If so, please share your experience.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It doesn't play mkv files and from what I know, only certain encodes of avi files. Honestly, you're much better off buying a couple of Nexus 7 or 10 tablets for $500... Will play all sorts of files, can be shared with passengers no matter where they are sitting, can play audio, games, ebooks, all sorts in beautiful HD... The entertainment system in the Pathfinder is old tech (low resolution, only certain file formats, nothing else etc. It's a real waste of money if you ask me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts