Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2013 Pathfinder is equipped with the dual headrest. DVD players. When a DVD is put into the driver side player the dash LCD says put car in park to view DVD. We've tried it multiple times but it doesn't work. I see that the tri zone entertainment system could do this but seeing this option all the time is pretty annoying. Is there a fix or should we be able to see it on the front monitor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think you have to press the parking brake in order to see it in the front
We tried that. Nothing comes up one the screen. We can adjust it for normal screen or cinema, but no movie plays when we push in the emergency brake.

I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just went outside to play around with my tri-zone entertainment... Put in a fresh copy of Christmas Vacation DVD.

Do you hear the DVD playing sound? The sound came right up for us...

To get a display, I had to hit AUX on the stereo just above the AC controls. Once I had a DVD menu up, I could see the DVD menu screen for my movie. I went into settings and there are several selections (like full screen or cinema) like you mentioned. There is also a selection called DISPLAY where you can set the brightness, etc. The top selection in that menu is ON/OFF. Mine had ON selection. Though, I put it on OFF, and the movie was still playing on the screen in the background. I ejected the DVD and put it back in and the screen was black, but for a brief moment, it did say that hit the "day/night" button on the NAV buttons to activate the screen. I did that, and the movie came back on the screen again.

All of this was with the accessories on but the engine off on the car. Either way, to answer your question, I was definitely watching the movie on the front screen. It worked all the way up until I put the car in Drive.

hope that helps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea... you need the parking brake on. It's like that in my wife's Quest as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It a bit tricky sometimes. Parking break on and it wills still not show for me. I need to hit the AUX one more time and bamb, it pops up..

I dont know how to get rid of the warning as of now..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally an answer

It doesn't work. We don't have the tri zone dvd system. Even though it says to put it in park... It doesn't work. Dealership did say you could hook up a dvd player to run on the front screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts