Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're heading to the mountains on the weekend and can't decide which car to take.

pathfinder 4wd has stock continentals with 5mm tread
sienna awd has new defender ltx ms with 9mm tread.

any thoughts? the road is supposed to be a rough one, not paved, etc..

the pathfinder has 7" clearance, the sienna has 6.5" so that shouldn't make a difference.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there is snow and/or ice I'd take the Sienna. Deeper thread is the best option when no Winter tires are available.
i do have superZ cables for both, but I guess better to not have to put them on if I dont have to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

We're heading to the mountains on the weekend and can't decide which car to take.

the pathfinder has 7" clearance, the sienna has 6.5" so that shouldn't make a difference.
Hi,

I have the MS defenders ltx on my PF SL. We just got back from the snow a week ago and these tires were excellent through slush and snow and ice.

They are snow and mud rated but of course up to a certain point. I did bring chains just in case but never needed it up here in the pacific northwest at Stevens Pass Resort.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the Sienna is full time 4WD take that. We have the LTX Defenders and they are really only so-so in greasy weather or deep snow.
It's AWD, but it seems to be FWD until the rears kick in, I can hear it when it happens, sounds like an electric burrrrr sound when they do.

I have the MS defenders ltx on my PF SL. We just got back from the snow a week ago and these tires were excellent through slush and snow and ice.

They are snow and mud rated but of course up to a certain point. I did bring chains just in case but never needed it up here in the pacific northwest at Stevens Pass Resort.
Yeah, all my previous grand cherokees had the Defenders and I loved them. These stock tires are crap on the PF, I'll replace them next fall with Defenders. They're 5mm after 50,000 KM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.