Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem... driver's side window will roll down easily, but is sometimes very slow to come up and sometimes will stop completely! This has happened when temps were not so cold... I know that can be an issue. Need a new motor? Gears greased? Any ideas?

Thanks,
J-

·
Registered
192 Posts
Certainly sounds like the motor is the problem. I don't think there is a quick at home fix. You'll have to take it in for them to confirm and then order the part.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi again,
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem... driver's side window will roll down easily, but is sometimes very slow to come up and sometimes will stop completely! This has happened when temps were not so cold... I know that can be an issue. Need a new motor? Gears greased? Any ideas?

Thanks,
J-
You didn't by chance have that window tinted, did ya?:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to me, multiple times, dealer fixed it last winter but now it is doing it again. Plus, my headlight sensor is malfunctioning, not to mention the transmission, which has been replaced once already, is acting up again. As you can imagine, I am not happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You didn't by chance have that window tinted, did ya?:eek:
Stop your mess! Tinting the window has NOTHING to do with the situation. The door panel doesn't have to be taken apart to tint. They tint the window and then use a plastic carpenter's knife which is very very thin to just stuff the excess strip of plastic down into the door so that it doesn't peel the tint off upon rolling. This is nowhere nearly enough to bother with the motor itself. This is a Nissan issue. All of the other windows work fine and it seems that many people are reporting that it's the driver side window only. I'm taking mine in today for the same issue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stop your mess! Tinting the window has NOTHING to do with the situation. The door panel doesn't have to be taken apart to tint. They tint the window and then use a plastic carpenter's knife which is very very thin to just stuff the excess strip of plastic down into the door so that it doesn't peel the tint off upon rolling. This is nowhere nearly enough to bother with the motor itself. This is a Nissan issue. All of the other windows work fine and it seems that many people are reporting that it's the driver side window only. I'm taking mine in today for the same issue.
I noticed mine doing it for the first time yesterday. It was also very cold. I'll monitor and see what happens. Unfortunately, we are past the warranty period.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed the window going up slowly on my 2013.(190k miles) I've only had it for 800 miles so no idea how long.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2018 43k mile sv also does this. Im going to replace the motor myself, if it gets any worse. All other windows work fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2017 with 28 k in it , is the same it closes really slow especially on cold , last winter won’t even go up I had to drive my car to garage and took some effort to close it , I have to make appointment with dealer but it just a pain

·
Registered
181 Posts
I noticed the super slow "up" on the driver's side window on our 2019 I recently bought used.

It was relatively cold out. 28F maybe?

Comforting to know Nissan is on to this.

The windows flew up/down on our 2016 Nissan Quest right up to 90k miles when we traded it in and those doors/windows were larger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll add that my '18 PF does this on the driver's side window as well. I'm dropping it off tomorrow for Thursday service for this problem, and a problem with my front ICC sensor intermittently shutting off, which seems to be a common problem as well. Hopefully my dealership doesn't give me too much fuss about it. Still under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to update, my dealership said that they greased the rails to address the slow window problem, and it does work now. It goes up faster than the passenger side window which I suspect is starting to slow down also. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on it, as it doesn't seem like a long term fix to me.

Also, got my ICC replaced under warranty and haven't had it throw any errors or randomly turn off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Anyone know what they recommend for a lube? Is it a spray or a "pure" silicone grease? That's kind of a touchy area in that a grease could get thick in extreme cold and make the problem worse. Some lubes can soften and degrade rubber/plastic bits. Also you've got the potential of dirt/grit getting into the lube and making a nice grinding compound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will definitely test it on extremely cold days. I'm located in Wisconsin, so that shouldn't be a problem in the next couple weeks (even though it's been unseasonably warm right now).

Silicone grease is pretty temperature stable, so that would be my best guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts