Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yikes, tell us more, how did it happen?
Wasn't with the family at the time I'm just glad it didn't pop the lock fuse and trap them in it and burn whole car up. They said it was pouring smoke out of the roofliner. Best I can tell the wires pulled out the visor end just enough to let them make contact but idk the plastic coating o wires is melted as far back as the map lights housing so far.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
i filed a complaint with nissan consumer affairs about the visors. they contacted my dealer who agreed to pay 25% of the cost to replace both visors and nissan themselves will cover the other 75% of the cost. file a complaint.
Glad I found this thread. Both front sun visors in my PF make an awful loud cracking noise when you put them back up. I feel like one day they just wont work anymore. It doesn't sound natural. I called the Nissan dealer today and the woman from service was supposed to call me back to let me know if this would be a warranty repair. Well I never heard back and I have a tentative appointment for this coming Monday but I will call back before then to find out for sure. I don't need to waste time bringing it in if they are going to charge me some ludicrous price. My 2013 has 31k miles so I am not sure if that is covered.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just to follow up they said I missed the warranty by two months. I got the car on Halloween but the warranty ended September. They said to come in and speak with the manager to see what they can do for me. My g/f as well as her ex husband have turned over multiple cars with this particular dealership so I am NOT looking forward having to go in there and plead with them to repair it under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan Sun Visor Problem - HELP!

Both visors broke and now dangle on my 2013 Pathfinder. I'm out of warranty so Nissan dealership won't cover it.
First step was to file a complaint with Nissan consumer affairs.
This was unfortunately unsuccessful due to the vehicle now being 3 years old.
The rep from Nissan actually recommended I file a complaint with National Highway Transportation Safety Association, which I did today.

Maybe the more people we can get to file complaints against this, the sooner they will consider a recall?? *fingers crossed*
Please, please, please take the 5 minutes to file a complaint with these groups and hopefully we will all see some relief soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Both visors broke and now dangle on my 2013 Pathfinder. I'm out of warranty so Nissan dealership won't cover it.
First step was to file a complaint with Nissan consumer affairs.
This was unfortunately unsuccessful due to the vehicle now being 3 years old.
The rep from Nissan actually recommended I file a complaint with National Highway Transportation Safety Association, which I did today.

Maybe the more people we can get to file complaints against this, the sooner they will consider a recall?? *fingers crossed*
Please, please, please take the 5 minutes to file a complaint with these groups and hopefully we will all see some relief soon. Thanks!
Sorry that sucks. I got lucky the fact that even though my car was 2 months out of warranty they did right by me and fixed both of them. Had I had tried the visors when I bought it used I would have mentioned it right away. Good luck though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry that sucks. I got lucky the fact that even though my car was 2 months out of warranty they did right by me and fixed both of them. Had I had tried the visors when I bought it used I would have mentioned it right away. Good luck though.

They finally did an investigation on mine this week have been driving around looking ragged af wires hanging no lights on inside looking like a crackhead with a flashlight if needed to get something out of it at night. Still won't hear back from them and their "findings from inspection" and won't have lights or voice command but at least I can put some of it back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
My Passenger Visor was making a god awful clicking sound when you would put it down, but it hadn't broke yet, didn't sag. The Drivers side was OK, you could hear slight clicking.

When the car went in for the valve body swap, I said I wanted the visors changed also under warranty, and they did both. No arguing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 2014 SL with only 8600 at time of purchase I just bought my wife has this same issue, when we bring it in for the free oil change I will have them look at it. Has anyone looked into what the issue itself is? I wonder if the dealer would give me the old one to take apart and come up with a fix, doubt it though.

Wayne
I know this is an old issue, but I'm finally looking into it on my wife's driver side...getting worse.
Found this video where the gentleman has taken one apart and devised a fix.
https://youtu.be/Ph5R_BsHmoo

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,810 Posts
Yup! Found that video also and followed his suggestion with the zip ties yesterday. It does do the trick somewhat, but in my case, the visor still doesn't flip up flush with the ceiling. There's still about a 1-inch gap. My wife says she can live with it, but we'll see how long that lasts. :sFun_whistle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is an old thread and even older problem. The visor pops apart along the trailing edge and you will find the plastic broken so it doesn't retract or extend solidly. I decided it is a design issue so no sense replacing it with the same since it will just happen again. My first fix was with zip ties but that didn't last. Then I made a U shaped bracket out of 1" wide aluminum to slip over the visor from the front edge, through bolted it, painted it tan to match, and it is still solid after ~ 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently bought 2013 with this issue... enough times bumping my head, and I got mad & ripped the visor
off the post..
Problem solved!
.....oh wait

41 - 52 of 52 Posts