2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
Yikes, tell us more, how did it happen?
Wasn't with the family at the time I'm just glad it didn't pop the lock fuse and trap them in it and burn whole car up. They said it was pouring smoke out of the roofliner. Best I can tell the wires pulled out the visor end just enough to let them make contact but idk the plastic coating o wires is melted as far back as the map lights housing so far.Yikes, tell us more, how did it happen?
Glad I found this thread. Both front sun visors in my PF make an awful loud cracking noise when you put them back up. I feel like one day they just wont work anymore. It doesn't sound natural. I called the Nissan dealer today and the woman from service was supposed to call me back to let me know if this would be a warranty repair. Well I never heard back and I have a tentative appointment for this coming Monday but I will call back before then to find out for sure. I don't need to waste time bringing it in if they are going to charge me some ludicrous price. My 2013 has 31k miles so I am not sure if that is covered.i filed a complaint with nissan consumer affairs about the visors. they contacted my dealer who agreed to pay 25% of the cost to replace both visors and nissan themselves will cover the other 75% of the cost. file a complaint.
Sorry that sucks. I got lucky the fact that even though my car was 2 months out of warranty they did right by me and fixed both of them. Had I had tried the visors when I bought it used I would have mentioned it right away. Good luck though.Both visors broke and now dangle on my 2013 Pathfinder. I'm out of warranty so Nissan dealership won't cover it.
First step was to file a complaint with Nissan consumer affairs.
This was unfortunately unsuccessful due to the vehicle now being 3 years old.
The rep from Nissan actually recommended I file a complaint with National Highway Transportation Safety Association, which I did today.
Maybe the more people we can get to file complaints against this, the sooner they will consider a recall?? *fingers crossed*
Please, please, please take the 5 minutes to file a complaint with these groups and hopefully we will all see some relief soon. Thanks!
Sorry that sucks. I got lucky the fact that even though my car was 2 months out of warranty they did right by me and fixed both of them. Had I had tried the visors when I bought it used I would have mentioned it right away. Good luck though.
I know this is an old issue, but I'm finally looking into it on my wife's driver side...getting worse.The 2014 SL with only 8600 at time of purchase I just bought my wife has this same issue, when we bring it in for the free oil change I will have them look at it. Has anyone looked into what the issue itself is? I wonder if the dealer would give me the old one to take apart and come up with a fix, doubt it though.