Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Pathfinder sun Visors

I'm replacing the passenger side sun visr but can't get the cover off at the headliner to expose attachment screws. Don't want to break it so any ideas on how to open it up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe a Class Action Law suite will get them off their Butts

I have two and even under warranty they will not replace them after a point in time. they know this is a issue but will not do anything about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my wife's 2014 pathfinder has the same issue on both visors but we are at 48k miles so not covered. i called the dealership and they wanted $500 to replace both. crazy. seriously - this car is the biggest piece of junk i ever bought. can't wait to get rid of it.

anyone know the part numbers for the visors so i can do some searching online for a better price and replace them myself?

·
Registered
37 Posts
also, this should be really easy to replace myself correct?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,810 Posts

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
Man, you rack up the miles fast! I guess you're on your own. No one has posted how easy or hard it was.

·
Registered
37 Posts
3 yrs old / 48k miles = 16k per year. that isn't alot. you must not get out much.

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
3 yrs old / 48k miles = 16k per year. that isn't alot. you must not get out much.
The average American puts about 12,000 miles on their vehicle each year. I get out plenty. We're pretty suburban around here, so we don't have to travel far to get where we're going. Also have two cars/two drivers to share the burden for long trips.

·
Registered
389 Posts
48000 KM = 29825.817 miles, so 29825 divide by 3 is only about 9942 miles per year which puts you guys on the same page.:)

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
We're talkin' miles, not kilos Larry.
Well ragin_cajuns put K beside all his numbers in his post, I would think hes talking KM's not miles, he said 48000 k miles which is in usually talking k's not miles here in the great white north...I guess he'll have to clarify. What does he mean by K?

Edit: Just noticed hes from Dallas not Canada, so KM doesn't apply...me bad!

·
Registered
37 Posts
k = thousand

if 12k is the avg miles driven per year by americans then i guess i am an above average american :)

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
Edit: Just noticed hes from Dallas not Canada, so KM doesn't apply...me bad!
Glad to see it works both ways! :laughing: Us Americans commonly forget that virtually everyone in the world is on the metric system but us, so we use miles, inches, feet, ounces, quarts, etc. in our conversations and expect everyone to follow along.

Another plug for identifying location: This is why it is important to tell us where you're from in your profile. :sFun_whistle:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i filed a complaint with nissan consumer affairs about the visors. they contacted my dealer who agreed to pay 25% of the cost to replace both visors and nissan themselves will cover the other 75% of the cost. file a complaint.

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
Good for you and thank you for sharing that information!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts