Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Pathfinder- - Drivers side visor will not go all the way up to the window in the open mode, nor go all the way up to the ceiling in closed mode. Rotates only approx 110 deg instead of apprx 160 deg. Creating a visual and safety issue by hanging down. Also hard clicks changing from open to closed. Any way to fix myself w/o taking to dealer?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,810 Posts
You could try at the risk of breaking something. It's under warranty, so why not just let the dealer handle it?

I had to take a look at mine before responding. Does anyone know what that plastic door behind the driver's visor is for? I've never noticed it before now. :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You aren't refering to the vanity mirror are you? In the headliner above the visor there is a plastic clip for your license/registration in our 14

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
No, the plastic insert in the headliner when you pull your visor down.

So that's really what it's for? Who keeps their license and registration over their visor? :dry:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yup. Pretty dumb, eh? I guess a person could use it to hold one of those prox cards to into a parkade. Not quite as dumb... but close.

·
Registered
442 Posts
2014 Pathfinder- - Drivers side visor will not go all the way up to the window in the open mode, nor go all the way up to the ceiling in closed mode. Rotates only approx 110 deg instead of apprx 160 deg. Creating a visual and safety issue by hanging down. Also hard clicks changing from open to closed. Any way to fix myself w/o taking to dealer?
I had the exact same thing happen with my Hybrid. No real way to fix it short of letting the dealer swap it out under warranty. Apparently, it happens often enough since they had a stock of them on hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driver's side visor 2013 Pathifnder

I had the exact same thing happen with my Hybrid. No real way to fix it short of letting the dealer swap it out under warranty. Apparently, it happens often enough since they had a stock of them on hand.
I also have had the problem with my 2013 Pathfinder and it was not quite right when I bought it from the dealer with 33000 miles and because it was a minor thing at the time, I foolishly let it go. Now it is hanging so badly it is a safety hazard. This is obviously a manufacturing flaw but I doubt they will cover it now. Trying to find one that isn't so overpriced.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a problem with both visors in my Pathfinder. I assumed it was a common thing but never decided to post about it. I guess it's time my me to send mine to the dealer for replacements as well.

·
Administrator
4,810 Posts
I also have had the problem with my 2013 Pathfinder and it was not quite right when I bought it from the dealer with 33000 miles and because it was a minor thing at the time, I foolishly let it go. Now it is hanging so badly it is a safety hazard. This is obviously a manufacturing flaw but I doubt they will cover it now. Trying to find one that isn't so overpriced.
I'd check with your dealer if they will cover it under the basic 36,000 warranty. Especially if you document that it is a known problem from this and other internet sites. Try more than one dealer if unsuccessful. It may be a drop in the bucket for them to fix if they think they may earn your loyalty. Worth a try!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd check with your dealer if they will cover it under the basic 36,000 warranty. Especially if you document that it is a known problem from this and other internet sites. Try more than one dealer if unsuccessful. It may be a drop in the bucket for them to fix if they think they may earn your loyalty. Worth a try!
It's covered. Apparently, they break with some regularity. My dealership said they saw it often enough that they just keep a stock on hand for replacement under warranty.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My driver side was hanging a bit and it would click loudly when I lowered it....took it to the dealer and they fixed it no problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Happened to me(2013 PF SL),
1st in driver side. Dealer replaced it for free.
Now happen again in Passenger side but they refuse to replace it for free due to expired basic warranty. :-(

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 2014 SL with only 8600 at time of purchase I just bought my wife has this same issue, when we bring it in for the free oil change I will have them look at it. Has anyone looked into what the issue itself is? I wonder if the dealer would give me the old one to take apart and come up with a fix, doubt it though.

Wayne

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happened to me(2013 PF SL),
1st in driver side. Dealer replaced it for free.
Now happen again in Passenger side but they refuse to replace it for free due to expired basic warranty. :-(
This is the THIRD time it has happened to me on both sides! The first two times I was still under warranty but now I just hit 40,000 miles and they refuse to fix it for free! I'm so angry! It's obviously a MANUFACTURER DEFECT why should I have to pay for something they should have fixed the first time! And it's not just mine you know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
1200 miles out of warranty. I bought the Nissan 'Bumper to Bumper' warranty but the visor is not covered. Guess it isn't between the bumpers........ $200.77 Cdn for the part ALONE. I will live with the sloppiness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driver side Visor--

I have a 2013 Pathfinder. The driver side visor broke while still under warranty and it was replaced for free. This was in 2014. It is now a 2016 and it broke again. I would hear the clicking sound as it was being moved. It just hangs low. I have hit my head several times and it is a pain when driving. UGH...This has to be a recall issue, because this happens to often.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You could try at the risk of breaking something. It's under warranty, so why not just let the dealer handle it?

I had to take a look at mine before responding. Does anyone know what that plastic door behind the driver's visor is for? I've never noticed it before now. :icon_scratch:
I do not know for sure but I have used when the visor is to the side window. Pull that slide out and it acts as an extension to provide more sun block. Effective.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old topic. I noticed a white plastic wire connector hidden behind the plastic registration holder above the driver side mirror in my SV. I'm wondering if I can use this to connect an auto-dimming mirror?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts